Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Will rain ruin my honeymoon? (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/will-rain-ruin-my-honeymoon-261273/)

Worried Sep 26th, 2002 11:06 AM

Will rain ruin my honeymoon?

I am headed to Antigua for my wedding and honeymoon next week and was wondering if we are likely to be rained out the entire week? If there is anyone who has been to Antigua in October or during hurricane season that could tell me what the weather is typically like, that would be great. Thanks!

have Sep 26th, 2002 11:15 AM

I know your honeymoon is most important. However, your honeymoon will be everything you WANT it to be - rain or shine.

ramjet Sep 26th, 2002 11:18 AM

Go to weather.com, type in St. Johns at local forecast and you have the 10 day forecast. Looks like a typical forecast for Antigua.

ramjet Sep 26th, 2002 11:25 AM

Don't let the CHANCE of RAIN get you worried. Rain should not ruin a wedding, many weddings in the caribbean experience rainfall. I was married in the rain making for quite a "sultry" wedding if you know what I mean!

Lisa Sep 26th, 2002 11:36 AM

Check www.stormcarib.com for daily updates and eyewitness accounts from each of the islands.

andrea Sep 26th, 2002 11:40 AM

Just got back yesterday from Antigua and it is their rainy season. But it is warm. We went in the ocean and pool in the rain. You can shop in St. Johns<BR>Check weather channel.com, If it is any consolation, you are at the tail end of hurricane season.

Hopefully Sep 26th, 2002 12:24 PM

Not really Andrea - the hurricane season does not officially end until 30 November - and we have had hurricanes as late as the end of Nov - the good news is, it has not been too bad this year so far but you never can tell and it really is not over until it is over - that said, Worried may be in for a pleasant surprise - she just might luck out and have great weather throughout her stay - let's hope so. Otherwise, I am sure she can think of lots of interesting indoor activities to add some fun to the honeymoon. Good luck and best wishes for a happy marriage

Worried Sep 26th, 2002 01:33 PM

Thank you all so much for the positive posts

Worried Sep 26th, 2002 01:34 PM

Andrea - was it rainy the entire time you were down there? What was the lenght of your stay?

married Sep 26th, 2002 02:01 PM

If you are worried about rain on your honeymoon - I personally worry about your marriage.

hopefully Sep 26th, 2002 02:09 PM

Married - please go away - we were doing so well without you - just go!

ramjet Sep 26th, 2002 02:40 PM

Worried, Don't worry, be happy! NOTHING can ruin the vows of marriage. If it rains so be it, they are prepared for it. Post when you return and tell us you had a ceremony that will last a lifetime. I guarantee that no matter what transpires during your wedding it will be one of the utmost memories that you will think about forever. Remember NOTHING can stand in the way of love!

Worried Sep 27th, 2002 05:30 AM

I should worry about my marriage?? How cruel can you get! I booked this "weddingmoon" back in January and haven't stopped thinking about it one day since then. I was just naturally worried that we were going to get storms the entire week. I believe it is only natural to be worried. So married - bug off!!

Kathleen Sep 27th, 2002 06:45 AM

Worried,<BR>I completely understand how you feel, I was married in the caribbean almost 2 years ago. I can tell you that once you are there you will feel so much better. I hope your wedding and honeymoon is as beautiful as ours was. When you love someone and you are happy it does not matter what the weather is and it will be beautiful no matter what. You will have a magical, memorable week and it will be special for the both of you always, rain can not ruin that.<BR>Congratulations, and have a safe and happy trip.

ItDependsOn Sep 27th, 2002 07:09 AM

If you believe rain can RUIN your "weddingmoon" - then it will.

Dr.Phil Sep 27th, 2002 09:14 AM

People should plan and worry about their MARRIAGE as much as they worry about the wedding and honeymoon.<BR> Hon: You can't change the weather, so stop worrying about it. <BR> Congratulations on your wedding and life together.

married Sep 27th, 2002 09:46 AM

Dr Phil,<BR><BR>You win the prize - you hit the nail right on the head. <BR><BR>BTW, it looks like Wed/Thurs are the only days that rain is not forecasted.

happy Sep 27th, 2002 01:14 PM

Married, are you the weatherman/woman now? You sure do come across as one jealous old sucker! Worried is going to go to Antigua next week and have will have herself a beautiful wedding with gorgeous weather and an even more wonderful life with her new hubby. Worried, you go girl! Do you thang! Married, eat your jealous heart out!

curious Sep 28th, 2002 10:20 AM

Good luck with your honeymoon! I am just curious if good weather and lack of rain is important, why book in a region that typically has potential heavy rain/hurricane during your stay? It is so much less stressful to travel to Hawaii, Tahiti, Aruba or similar generally less-hurricane prone area than agonize over a travel post. I just don't get it....

TT Sep 28th, 2002 02:22 PM

Cause she is already a loser because of her attitude. So. selfish and self centered. Whah, she is bride-from-hell # 2. Maybe, she will put up a web site with nasty pictures to prove it.