Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Will our trip to Aruba be ruined by rain??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 06:48 PM
Danielle

Hi Everyone,<BR>My husband & I are leaving for Aruba tomorrow. I never thought I'd have to worry about weather, but now the forecast calls for rain. Has anyone ever been to Aruba during hurricane season? I know it's out of the hurricane belt, but if the forecast says showers, does that mean that we'll get rained out or does it mean that we'll have little showers here & there? I know nobody can totally predict the weather, but I thought Aruba was a "Desert Island".<BR>Any info is much appreciated.<BR>

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 08:10 PM
kay

Aruba gets about 10.5 inches of rain per year. It is a very arid island and chances of prolonged clouds or rain are quite small. Hurricanes have been known to hit Aruba rarely during the past 100 or so years.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 04:38 AM
Island Girl

No worries Danielle! You might have to endure five minutes of showers in the morning. It's so hot in Aruba that everything will dry quickly.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 10:31 AM
Sue

Danielle,<BR><BR>Not to worry. When we went to Aruba, it rained each day! Everyone told me that it never rains there. But actually, as the others have said, it would rain for maybe 10-30 minutes and then clear up. Try not to worry - just go and enjoy!

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 09:36 AM
Kim

I went to Aruba last October, in hurricane season, and the weather was great. When it did rain it was either in the early morning or late at night or during the night. The whole week there wasn't a day that the sun didn't come out. Don't worry, have a great time!!!