Notices

Why Bequia ?

Jul 15th, 1999, 03:02 PM
Paulo

Why Bequia ?

When I lived in Grand Cayman, i often ran into a local professional who invariably
accosted me with the exhortation that I should go to Bequia!
At cocktail parties and at crowded bars he would shout "Paulo..Go to Bequia!" Now that I have ascertained he was not inviting me to go to Hades and that there is , indeed, a Bequia
can anyone tell me of its attractions, where one might stay, eat fashionably, and how to get there? Thanks in anticipation of info.

Jul 16th, 1999, 09:35 PM
John

Bequia is a great little island, with enough going on to be interesting for at leat a week,along with it being a great base for sailing the Grenadines or climbing Soufriere Volcano on St. Vincent.

I spent 11 days on Bequia and it was the most memorable trip I have ever made. I found a single place on the island showing the Super Bowl and hung out there for a couple of hours. Several days later Iwas hanging out at a Place on Port Elizabeth Harbour and the bartender from the place I ssaw the bowl was walking with his daughter, saw me and remembered me by name stopping to see how I was doing. It is this this example of hospitality (one of many) that I felt distinguished Bequia. Plus the food was suprisingly good. E-mail me if you want more details.

Jul 20th, 1999, 06:16 AM
Kim

There is a small place on Bequia, I think it's called Mac's, that serves the most amazing lobster pizza. I still crave it. The place is right on the beach and is open-air. There are only about 10 tables, so reservations may be necessary. Although we didn't have one, but we were early and lucky to get a table.

Jul 21st, 1999, 04:16 AM
BobM

The person who runs Mac's pizza is Judy Simmons. She also runs a villa rental business. You can contact her at [email protected]. If you crave the lobster pizza be careful. Lobster is out of season from May until Oct.

Search this Thread