Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Who has been to Sandals Royal Caribbean? (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/who-has-been-to-sandals-royal-caribbean-387676/)

danielsangel03 Jan 15th, 2004 08:45 AM

Who has been to Sandals Royal Caribbean?

I have booked a vacation with Sandals Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay. If anyone has ever been please tell me what it is like. I heard that they no longer have the Indonesian Restaurant or the dragon boat to carry you over to the offshore island. Please help I need some honest answers of what I am spending my money on.

lauri Jan 15th, 2004 03:56 PM

It's anice resort,but very quiet.

LindanRitchie Jan 16th, 2004 06:48 AM

We enjoyed our stay last January. The staff was very accomodating and friendly. The food was very good, epecially at the Courtyard. You are correct, there is no more Indonesian Restaurant and Dragon boat. It is now a Thai restaurant with great ambiance. The resort was definately on the quiet side(some people enjoy the quiet) and we took advantage of the shuttle service to enjoy the lively nightlife and larger beach at Sandals Montego Bay. It is really great to have the option to spend time at all three area resorts. We are returning this spring, but this time to stay at Sandals Montego Bay. I'm sure we will visiting the royal several times during our stay. Enjoy your trip.

Caribe_Nut Feb 16th, 2004 09:25 AM

My husband and I stayed at Sandals Royal Caribbean in October 2003. We really enjoyed the resort. The service was excellent and the food and drinks were plentiful and delicious. The pools were great (try all three). The entertainment staff make your stay really fun, you can join in or just enjoy watching. Try to visit the two other Sandals resorts in Montego Bay (transportation is provided by the resort). We only visited the Sandals Mo-bay and were VERY glad that we had choosen to stay at the Royal Caribbean. Although the beach is FAR superior to the beach at the RC the atmosphere there did not suit us. That resort seems to attract more of a party crowd. As far as the negative about the RC, the most annoying thing we found at the RC were the aggressive vendors on their surf boards in the water in front of the beach area. They would not let up, constantly yelling out to everyone and approaching you once you entered the water. I feel that the swim area line should be pushed out to allow for more pleasant swimming. Other than that, should really enjoy your stay at the RC. We would definetely return - any room in your suitcase?
Have a wonderful time, and don't worry... you'll love it!

Kimberly Feb 21st, 2004 06:20 AM

I have to agree with Lauri, the resort is very quite.The people seemed to be alittle older at that resort then the others we have been to. If you want relaxation and time to read a book and just veg thats the resort. Not much activity. I know their used to be a nude beach on the island but not sure of that anymore. We were there in Feb 2002.

Kimphin Feb 28th, 2004 03:36 PM

The resort is laid back and everyone is very friendly. There are "vendors" out in the water, they sing, call out hello, etc.. trying to get your attention, but if you ignore them, or say no, they seem to remember you and don't hassle you. After the first day, I barely noticed them. The island restaurant is Thai, and there are some really spicy dishes! The boat still looks like a dragon, but doesn't breathe fire. Since the original Indonesian restaurant burned down, I can see why they stopped that. The Regency and the Courtyard restaurants are good. We had a great time, and are looking forward to going back.