Reload this Page >

WHICH SHIPBOARD OUTING TO TAKE IN ST. THOMAS/ST. JOHN

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2nd, 1997, 07:24 PM
D. BORCHERT

We are taking a cruize on the Norwegian Windward Nov. 29th, and are wondering which outing to go on in St. Thomas. We want to go snorkling and/or sailing at a pristine, quiet, tropical place with friendly people. There are many choices incl. Champagne catamaran sailaway, sun, sail and swim party off Buck island, Kon tiki party cruise, trunk bay beach getaway, Wild thing 2 island escape, mountain bike adventure, or dive in at coki beach. Please help!

Old Nov 3rd, 1997, 08:19 AM
Barbara

Try posting your question at the following address:http://cruise2.com/bulletins/questions/html. Since that bulletin board is used by frequent cruisers, I think you might have a good chance at getting some good info. I have been to both Trunk Bay and Coki Beach and enjoyed them both--but I am not really into snorkeling, I just enjoy the warm sun and beautiful scenery. Good luck!

Old Nov 3rd, 1997, 11:35 AM
Martha

I would highly recommend the Trunk Bay Trip. My husband and I were there a few years ago and it still ranks near the top of our snorkelling experiences.

Old Nov 3rd, 1997, 04:30 PM
Lynn

Based on what you stated you prefer, I would recommend the Trunk Bay trip. The island of St. John is pristine, the water is clear blue, and it is a tropical paradise. I'm not sure if snorkeling is provided as part of the excursion you are taking, but it is possible to snorkle at Trunk Bay. You won't regret going there.

Old Nov 4th, 1997, 02:28 AM
L HARRIS

I'VE BEEN TO ST. THOMAS MANY TIMES. I WOULD SUGGEST THE CATAMARAN TRIP TO ST. JOHN ABOARD THE HEVENLY DAZE CAT. IT'S ABOUT A 5 HOUR SNORKLING TRIP WHICH INCLUDES LUNCH AND ALL THE RUM PUNCH YOU CAN DRINK. THE EXCURSION LEAVES FROM THE "BOLONGO" RESORT. IT IS WELL WORTH THE TRIP.

Old Nov 22nd, 1997, 01:11 PM
Jim

Just returned from 11 night Southern Caribbean with
the Horizon (Celebrity) and of course last stop at
St. Thomas. We had been to Trunk Bay (St. John)
before and it was SPECTACULAR (National Park, you know). This time we went to famous Megan's Bay.
NO COMPARISON. Megan's Bay totally commercialized.
Trunk Bay should have been out destination again.
Trust me...don't buy ship's tour. Save $$$$'s.
Just get off the ship. Somebody is waiting for you.
Just take the ferry from Charlotte Amalie dock to
St. John, get on the "bus" and end up at the Trunk
Bay Beach. It won't cost 50%25 (probably less) of
what the tours from the ship cost. And it's the same
thing. We NEVER buy ships tours. What a waste of good money. GO TO TRUNK BAY!

Old Nov 23rd, 1997, 12:28 PM
Lynn

Jim - you are absolutely right. I've been to St. Thomas three times. The first two times, I took two different trips to Trunk Bay. On the last trip, I decided it was time to see a little more of St. Thomas and went to Megan's Bay (after all, it is billed as one of the top ten beautiful beaches in the world). What a disappointment. There is no comparison between Megan's Bay and Trunk Bay. If what you are seeking is a paradise on earth, then go to Trunk Bay.