Search

Best place to stay with 22month old - Turks and Caicos

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26th, 2012, 02:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best place to stay with 22month old - Turks and Caicos

Hi
Managed to get the frequent flier tickets to actually work so we'll be heading to T&C 1/27-2/1/2013 - 5 nights.

We have a 22 month old and I don't feel comfortable renting a car. We would like to stay somewhere centrally located, and preferably with at least a fridge/microwave, though kitchenette would be great. Daughter will still be sleeping in a pack n play.

Am looking at the Royal West Indies, and some other locations on some condo rental sites.

What's your suggestion? Also are there baby rental companies if we have to arrange the pack and play/porta crib on our own?

thanks
Kathy
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 06:55 AM

kaka113: We stayed at the Sands (3 adults, 2 children, one 5 year old and one 15 month old). We took a ride with a taxi to a supermarket, did our grocery shopping, and we managed very well cooking where we stayed. The hemingway's was great as we had several meals there accommodating even little ones! Now, I would not of course rely in my opinion alone, there are several experts on this topic, so I suggest wait till you 'hear' from blamona, or virginia as well as many other experts whose screen names I forget at the moment.
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 06:58 AM

What's your budget?
Most resorts have at least cribs. There is a small place with baby rentals, but they go fast and you're going baby season! Once you ask where your staying if they have anything you can ask here and I'll post it.

Most resorts may actually make you get at least a 1 bedroom, not studio, as cribs, etc won't fit. The 1 bedroom has full kitchens, living areas. This is the case for the majority of resorts
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Original Poster

Hi
I was hoping to keep our budget in the $300-$400 range a night, which is why I was looking at direct rentals.

Let me know what you guys think!
Thanks,
Kathy
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 08:12 AM

RWI sounds great for you.

Sidewalks, close to supermarket restaurants and small shopping.

But, I highly recmmend a car at least part of the time, there are some excellent restaurants you'll miss out, and the best part,

You HAVE to take a toddler to Sapadilla Bay. Water knee deep for hundreds of miles, during low tide creates little sand bars

It's a toddlers dream! They get soooo giddy!