Which island offers the best in dining?

Jul 16th, 2002, 05:55 PM
fat sow

Which island offers the best in dining?

I hate to admit it, but I am a food junkie-I am currently weighing in at slim 400 lbs., which is down from 525. I am on my way down!!!! However, while on vacation, I am looking forward to pigging out. Which island offers the best restaurants/fine dining overall. Sadly enough, I will base my decision on where to vacation on your input on this, so please be honest. Thanks!!!

Jul 16th, 2002, 06:16 PM
Sara

I would propose Grand Cayman. Wonderful choice of restaurants and a good variety of food.

Jul 16th, 2002, 06:35 PM
Mary

Anguilla, hands down. Tiny island -- nearly 80 restaurants with classically trained chefs at a lot of them. Look at http://menus.ai which is a gastronomic experience itself.

Jul 16th, 2002, 07:20 PM
Linda

Is that the best site Anguilla has to offer for restaurants????? Try caymanrestaurants.com to see a quality site.

Jul 17th, 2002, 05:14 AM
Sandy Feet

One should not make a decision based on websites alone. Anguilla does have a well-deserved reputation for terrific restaurants. They have been featured in magazines such as Gourmet, etc, several times. While Cayman has great restaurants too, they also have a lot more money to spend on tourism promotion.

Jul 17th, 2002, 05:50 AM
ram

Check site:
www.anguilla-vacation.com
or mycaribbean.com/anguilla

Jul 17th, 2002, 06:30 AM
Nancy

I agree with Sandy Feet. I found Anguilla to be the best choice for amazing food in the Caribbean.
One caveat, most of the top places close down during at least part of the low season. (Many for one month or more.)

Jul 17th, 2002, 06:36 AM
I'll be Honest

That's discusting, and sad for you. I hope you know that you now have to buy 2 seats on the plane and rightly so. I can't stand sitting next to people like you with half your body (or more) in my seat.
I would suggest Anguilla or St. Barth's but I honestly don't think you will fit in the seats for the connecting flight as the row is narrow and the seats are small!

I really hope this post was a joke, fat sow, because you relly need help if you base a vacation on food.

You can always go to New Orleans and eat your way thru that town - one of the eating capitals of the world.

Jul 17th, 2002, 07:22 AM
Chris

Without a doubt it is Saint Martin. Although there are many other restaurants on the island, you have a choice of 18 restaurants in Grand Case. The area is considered the Gourmet Capital of the Caribbean:

http://www.grandcase.com/

Jul 17th, 2002, 07:35 AM
Good One

Thanx for the laugh! Doesn't everyone realize this was someone 'pulling your leg' and you all fell for it!

Jul 17th, 2002, 07:42 AM
Anon

Who cares if it is - people I think still are enjoying speaking of their dining experiences.

Lighten Up