Reload this Page >

Island with Classic Beach Bars

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26th, 2001, 03:41 PM
JoAnne

I am looking for an island that has classic beach bars -- bars literally on the beach or at least very close to it where you can hang out in your bathing suit and have a beer. Just returned from St. John and loved it. The Beach Bar was nice, but in town and not on a swimmable beach. Any other islands/suggestions?

Old Dec 26th, 2001, 05:43 PM
VitaAnn

Hi JoAnne.. this may not be what you are looking for but I stayed at Sandals Mo Bay and Sandals Royal bahamian and they have pool bars and other main bars two steps away from the beach... plus at both waiters came around and delivered drinks if you were on the beach or at the pool right next to the beach.

Old Dec 26th, 2001, 05:51 PM
d motl

Norde beach on Isla Mujeres has Za-zil-ha, Buhos, ChiChi & Charlies, Playa Sol plus many others--they all fit your description. Visit isla-mujeres.net for photos and other info. Dan and Ginny

Old Dec 27th, 2001, 02:00 AM
mike

You could'nt get any more Classic than the Soggy Dollar at Sandcastle on Jost Van Dyke !

Old Dec 27th, 2001, 03:03 AM
Eva

I second the vote for the Soggy Dollar Bar on Jost Van Dyke. It's on one of the loveliest white sand beaches in the BVI, and swimming ashore and hanging out in your swimsuit is not only perfectly acceptable, it is the norm.<BR><BR>Also, there is the honor bar at Smuggler's Cove on Tortola. Not a big party scene here, though. After swimming or snorkeling, pop in to the bar, grab a beer from the fridge, and leave payment behind in a cigar box.<BR><BR>Another great beach bar is Nipper's on Great Guana Cay in the Abacos group of the Bahamas. A lively beach bar and restaurant (with infamous Sunday pig roast), with its own swimming pool, located on a miles-long strand of Atlantic Ocean beach, favored for its off-the-beach snorkeling.

Old Dec 27th, 2001, 05:02 AM
Bill

St. Kitts!! At Timothy Beach Resort, directly on the beach you have the Monkey Bar. Watersports, volley ball and Friday night dancing in the sand.

Old Dec 27th, 2001, 05:12 AM
John

British Virgin Islands all over, esp Cane Garden Bay on Tortola, Jost Van Dyke, Anegada.<BR>Orient Beach, St Martin

Old Dec 27th, 2001, 05:38 AM
Tanya

I vote for the British Virgin Islands as well! Cane Garden Bay is great!

Old Dec 27th, 2001, 10:10 AM
Penney

Great bars right on the beach in NEgril, Jamaica

Old Dec 27th, 2001, 10:37 AM
andrea

The "Cruise Bar" at Dragon Bay Resort in Port Antonio, Jamaica. It's the bar that was in the 1980's Tom Cruise movie "Cocktails"

Old Dec 27th, 2001, 12:34 PM
Islandgirl

Basils bar in Mustique...on the water, cool setting and they treat you like crap there.

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 12:17 PM
JoAnne

Thanks for all the replies. We did a day trip in November to Jost and loved Soggy Dollar. Wished we could have stayed longer, but don't know that I could stay there for a week.

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 02:35 PM
Ted

Kokoa is my favorite beach bar -- Aruba. It sits on a pier on the best strip of beach on the island. 4 o'clock at Kokoa. Paradise.<BR>