Which Island????

Dec 31st, 2004, 04:27 PM
Original Poster

Which Island????

(Sorry if this is a repeat of another post as I didn't see my initial attempt)

My family (myself, husband & daughters 13 & 15) are looking to travel to the Caribbean in late Spring or end of June. We need some advice on which island would best suit our needs.

We are experienced family travelers having visited places in India, England, Scotland, Costa Rica, Thailand (we are just sick about the Tsunami devastation!!), Cambodia, Vietnam, Italy and more. With all that airfaire we rack up some frequent flyer mileage.

So, since the girls used to lament about traveling around the world but never having been to Disney they now have decided that they would love a "Caribbean vacation". We did spend four days in the Yucatan after the trip to Costa Rica. It was a great spot as we were able to visit Mayan ruins, check out local culture as well as soak up the beautiful sun. We (myself & husband) hated the all inclusive resort but one daughter loved the 5 pools, swim up bar, etc.

So, we are looking for an island that will satisfy everyone. I guess we want a place where we can enjoy the beach (we aren't loungers but like snorkeling, walking) but have a lovely pool, etc. We would like to get out into the local towns a bit and check out some new scenery.

My husband and I have been to Aruba, St. Maarten (which we loved), Puerto Rico, Barbados and Bermuda but it has been about twenty years ago. I am sure things have changed everywhere as well as our interests and now we have two children with us!!

We can get airfare to the following islands:

Antigua, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Cayman, DR, GC, Grenda, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, S Kitts, S Lucia, S Maarten T&C and US VI.

We are saving for a trip to Morroco so we don't want to "blow the wad" on this trip. We just want to use our US Air miles and give the kids the Caribben experience and relax together.

I would love any input!

Thanks,
Karin

PS I discovered this forum while planning for our trip to Italy this past June. It was invaluable. I LOVE pouring over guide books and planning trips but I must say I got great advice from the Fodor travelers on this site!!
Jan 1st, 2005, 01:48 PM
Original Poster

topping
Jan 1st, 2005, 02:13 PM
mjz

St John is very nice.

Search this Thread