Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

**Which is better, the Westin Grand Cayman or Laplaya Resort in Naples Florida?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 08:41 AM
smb

Which is better, the Westin Grand Cayman or Laplaya Resort in Naples Florida?<BR><BR>I wasn't sure which site to post this at.<BR><BR>My husband and I are looking for a romantic getaway with a pretty hotel.<BR><BR>We want beautiful beaches and some relaxation at the pool & watersports.<BR><BR>We also want the beautiful water.<BR><BR>Are we making a mistake going to Naples, Laplaya resort?<BR><BR>Thanks to all who reply.<BR><BR>Have a WONDERFUL day!

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 08:47 AM
ttt

tttt

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 08:48 AM
SamBernstien

Grand Cayman...hands down

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 12:01 PM
Mary

I live in Naples part-time so I'm probably not totally objective but the Caribbean is very, very special & Naples is just a pretty town on the water. LaPlaya is a high rise among many; the beach is nice tho the water right now is 89-90 degrees & not particularly clear. I've never seen it as blue & sparkly as the Caribbean gets. I don't know what water sports LaPlaya is offering but most of the hotels just have jet skis. I would vote for Grand Cayman.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 05:01 PM
Trish

Just an FYI.<BR>I don't think you're going to get a romantic vacation on GC. Plus, the Westin isn't pretty. It does have a beautiful beach, the water is pristine and you can rent jetski's right next door, but the pool can be iffy if they have a convention going on. Do you have another choice of an island?