Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page > Where to visit from San Juan for grown ups + family vacation?
Notices

Where to visit from San Juan for grown ups + family vacation?

Aug 26th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Original Poster

Where to visit from San Juan for grown ups + family vacation?

We are travelling to San Juan for 10 days and want to find another spot to take maybe five days out, rather than spend the whole time in PR. I had hoped to cruise but couldn't face it ... so have looked at Culebra as we are looking for biking, hiking, snorkeling, kayaking and beach for our 7 year old. However ideally we would like to find a place that has a little more to offer us parents as well - celebrating my 50th birthday, would rather do it with perhaps a little more "grown up style"??! Decent restaurants, perhaps a little smarter rather than super-casual vibe. Budget not a big consideration, more the practicalities of getting around. This will be in early June next year. Any thoughts would be very welcome - thanks!
Aug 29th, 2014, 06:08 AM

WHen you say you don't want to spend the whole time in PR, do you really mean you don't want to spend the whole time in San Juan? If you want to stay in Puerto Rico but just in a different area than San Juan, you might want to look into Vieques. It will have the things you are looking for that you mentioned about Culebra but isn't quite as rustic. There is W Hotel on Vieques that might give you the other part of what you are looking for ("grown up style"). I also suggest you research Dorado, El Conquistador in Fajardo and Rincon.

Search this Thread