Notices

Where to stay on Vieques

Dec 8th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Original Poster

Where to stay on Vieques

We will be coming to Vieques this winter. We are staying for a week and renting a car. I was wondering which part of the island would be best for staying. I'd like access to beaches and possibly a view of the water from the deck.
Dec 12th, 2013, 06:32 PM

I have to recommend either renting a house in the middle of the island or staying in Esperanza. The latter has Malecon House, where you can get a room with a view of the Caribbean and Esperanza Bay. The south shore is where the best beaches are, aside from Green Beach in the northwest corner. Enjoy!
Mar 12th, 2014, 11:22 AM

There's not a lot of ocean view accommodation in Esperanza but I think that's the best place to stay for beach accessibility.

If you want ocean view and beach access (within walking distance) there are very very few properties. Try Hectors by the Sea.. limited views and access to a so so beach, this is a nice place to stay but you'll need to drive to the best beaches and you wouldn't have anything but a very distant view of these.. blue beach, red beach, etc

Check out trip reports on here or on Tripadvisor.

We've rented a house in the past and been very happy but without a view as we spent most of our time actually at the beach.

Search this Thread