Notices

Where to Stay - March 2012

Oct 20th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Original Poster

Where to Stay - March 2012

Need information on the difference between West & South Coast. I can not get a feel from what I have read on the the two areas and how long it takes to drive.

4 of us will be going and need a villa, apartment or resort, we are flexible. We want to stay on the beach near nightlife, restaurants, and bars so we don't have to drive far at night. However, we don't want to stay in an area that is very Tourist with hotels on top of each other and plus beaches so packed we can't get a chair.

Really need someone to point me in the right direction plus give me tips on driving and getting around with our own car.
Oct 21st, 2011, 02:41 AM

This sale at The Fairmont Royal Pavilion saves up to $ ... Call The Fairmont Royal Pavilion, Barbados at 877-570-5561 ... our website and receive our famous Travelzoo ...
http://www.travelzoo.com/...Barbados...urtle-Swim-325.

My fav great sales above

Barbados.org details pros cons of each area...

carrentals.com reputable agents at low prices

some dodgy local car rental scammers there.

Happy Planning!
Oct 23rd, 2011, 04:58 PM

West coast--calm water for snorkeling, not congested, decent selection of bars, restaurants, entertainment (incl. at hotels).Many villas on west coast beaches.
South coast--more congested, more bars, restaurants, entertainment, rougher water at beaches, generally less expensive.
Nov 12th, 2012, 09:45 AM

The west coast offers nice restaurants, great swimming waters and a bit of nightlife. It is much quieter than the south coast but has all the amenities you need. It offers plenty of lovely accommodation options and villa options on the beach however tends to be more upscale in service quality and price than many of the south coast accommodation options. If you happen to find accommodation in the Holetown , Sunset Crest, in St. James on the west coast you will be within walking distance to beaches, beach restaurants, a number of fine dinning places as well as convenience stores, banks, supermarkets etc without hassle.

Driving is done on the left side of the road and the time one can expect to drive, commuting from South to West could be between 15 - 20 minutes or less depending on the point of departure and arrival as well as if it is between rush hour 7:30 am - 8:30 am or 3:00 to 5:30 pm.

Search this Thread