Where to stay June 1st - 7th

May 7th, 2002, 08:53 PM
tony

Where to stay June 1st - 7th

We are planning a last minute trip to the Dominican for June1st for 1 week. Can anyone recommend an all-inclusive min. 4star resort. We are looking to just relax by a beautiful beach and enjoy some good food and drink. If you could recommend a place for my wife and I it would be much appreciated. We would be flying in from Toronto and it would only be our 2nd trip to the carribean. The first was to Cuba. Thank-you

May 8th, 2002, 03:11 PM
Karin

Please advise what you're looking for in a resort. I've been to the DR 4 times, and will be going back twice more this spring and summer. I'd be glad to help you with what I know about the area, if you'll be specific with your questions.

May 9th, 2002, 11:58 AM
tony

Karin:

We are looking in the Punta Cana area and would just like a place where we can relax with great food. We would like a resort which is beautiful and where the rooms are clean and spacious. The beach is the most important to us, somewhere beautiful and once again relaxing. Hope you can help.

May 9th, 2002, 11:59 AM
x

BARBADOS!!!

May 9th, 2002, 02:59 PM
Karin

I've stayed at Natura Park in Punta Cana, which is a beautiful resort, but the beach has a lot of seaweed. If you're looking for luxury, lots of good food at many restaurants, and beautiful grounds, it looks like Paradisus is the place. I'm going there in a few weeks myself. Go to debbiesdominicantravel.com and read the resort reviews by the visitors. There are many recent reviews...even from May. I was debating between the Bavaro Palace and the Paradisus, and the Paradisus won out.
As far as beautiful beaches, the best I've been to is Casa del Mar in Bayahibe. The food is good, at best, but you can walk right to the reefs to snorkle.
Hope I was able to steer you in the right direction. I feel confident that the Paradisus will be an outrageous resort, and I can't wait. If we really enjoy it, we'll bring friends with us next year.
I'd be interested to know your decision after you look at Debbie's website. Good luck!