Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Where to stay in T&C- luxury? (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/where-to-stay-in-t-and-c-luxury-440640/)

Sara8374 Jun 9th, 2004 05:59 AM

Where to stay in T&C- luxury?

Looking to relax on beach and be pampered on vacation. What are the most luxurious and nicest places to stay in T&C?

eileen Jun 9th, 2004 07:23 AM

Point Grace, Grace Bay Club (but there's construction going on) Meridien Club (Pine Cay) Parrot Cay. Last two are not on Provo.

bubbs Jun 19th, 2004 04:30 AM

Sara - Just got back from T&C and was looking for luxury too. I was surprised to find that most hotels have full kitchen suites which means most T&C guests are quite content with being self sufficient vs. being pampered. We wanted pampering but adapted at the Turks & Caicos Club (eg - went to the grocery store and got our own breakfast and beach drinks) and still had a fabulous time.

Of the hotels Eileen recommended, the only one we visited was Grace Bay Club for dinner at Anacoana (great food!). The resort looked nice, but no one was available to show us a room (I was a bit disappointed since I called ahead and said we were interested in seeing a room before our 8 p.m. dinner since we were considering staying there if we returned to the Island and it was fine over the phone. When we arrived I was told by the front desk that everyone left at 6!) Grace Bay appeared nice but they are expanding the resort and there is a lot of construction going on. It is also on hotel row so there are hotels on either side of you. I was only there at night so I don't know how busy those other resorts get.

We met a couple who had stayed at Point Grace and found it to be fabulous but that is 2nd hand info!

eileen Jun 21st, 2004 05:13 AM

I stayed at Point Grace a few years ago when it was first open and the accomodations are the best I have ever experienced -- truly luxury condos with tons of space and amenities. However, having recently returned from the Four Seasons Punta Mita, I can tell you there is no way that the service of Point Grace can compare with the pampering luxury of a Four Seasons caliber resort. Pt. Grace is a condo resort, very upscale, but they simply do not have the staff to provide that level of service. In fact, I don't really think you find that anywhere on Provo, perhaps the offshore resorts of Parrot Cay or Meridien Club on Pine Cay. Still the nicest beach and accomodations we've seen, well worth it if you can do without the pampering service.

AJPost820 Jun 22nd, 2004 10:08 PM

I had friends that spent a large amount of money to stay at Beaches but were very dissapointed. You might want to try the Ocean club or Ocean Club west.

katiekate Jun 23rd, 2004 01:55 PM

Do a search for Parrot Cay. It's wonderful. And, if you can swing the $$$ reserve a villa on the beach. We stayed there a couple years ago and were first booked in a reg. room in the main building, which is sort of a long walk (IMO) to the pool and beach, so we upgraded and moved to the villa. The water and sand is awesome. You can pull your chaise lounge right out in the water and totally relax! Keep in mind it's about a 30 min. private boat ride there, so it is very secluded with only 2 options for restaurants, therefore, one might get a little bored. We didn't...we loved the quiet, serene atmosphere.
Hope this helps.