Where to stay in Provo

Jan 10th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Original Poster

Where to stay in Provo

Wondering where to stay on Provo? Want to be "centrally" located...i.e. close to restaurants, snorkeling. Right now only availability seems to be at Ocean Club, OCW and Sands. Are any nicer than the rest or better located? I get the impression no matter where you stay, you'll need to take short cab rides for restaurants or good snorkeling....
Jan 10th, 2005, 12:43 PM

I would pick either The Sands or Ocean Club West. Ocean Club is not centrally located. See my post on the Thread Turks advice above. Strongly recommend a rental car for part of the stay to explore, go out to dinner etc. Cabs limit your freedom to come and go as you please and can get expensive.
Jan 12th, 2005, 06:15 AM

While Ocean Club is not centrally located it sort of provides you with the best of both worlds - you have a quiet, secluded beach/resort with nothing on one side of you (just endless beach), yet you can hop on the free shuttle that goes to OCean club west (5 min ride) and be right in the center of everything (ports of call, the saltmills, restaurants). You can also use the amenities at either of the ocean club resorts. Most likely you will end up renting a car if you want to explore the island,regardless of where you stay.

Search this Thread