Turks & Caicos

Old Mar 25th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turks & Caicos

whats a nice hotel to stay at on the beach??? looking to lay on the beach with good snorkling. going in july for 8 days. looking to spend about 3000 on 2 people. any info would be great
Old Mar 25th, 2006, 02:30 PM

I'm going to Turks for the first time in May and staying at The Sands. I hear the best hotel for snorkeling off the beach is Coral Gardens. It has a reef right in front. That's apparently where most people go to snorkel on Grace Bay (even if they aren't staying at that hotel). Not sure exactly about the price, but I think it's in your price range.

I'm sure some of the T&C veterans will be able to tell you better!
Old Mar 25th, 2006, 02:41 PM

Does the $3000 include food or airfare? If it doesn't, then Coral Gardens should come within your budget.
Old Mar 26th, 2006, 07:51 AM

We have stayed at Royal West Indies twice now and love the place. It's on beautiful Grace Bay and is one of the more inexpensive resorts on Provo. The condos are very nicely decorated and comes with everything you would need including washer and dryer. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and there's a restaurant and bar right on the premises. It's also in a location where there is no construction going on. Your within walking distance to some shopping and a few restaurants.
Sandy
Old Mar 26th, 2006, 08:19 AM

We stayed at ocean club in a studio and loved it. Very quiet, two pools, good food, nice end of the beach. Very nice place! Would def. stay again.

Peace, Greenie.
Old Mar 26th, 2006, 10:18 AM
KVR

We are going to T & C for the first in May also. After extensive research, we picked the Sibonne. We are on a somewhat tight budget and are used to AI properties. Comfort Suites was the least expensive, but not beach front. Sibonne is a small boutique hotel with 26 rooms on the best location of Grace Bay (or so I'm told) It is next door to the Sands. 7 nights with air for 2 people, we came way under $3,000.

We also debated on the Alexandra. They are condos with kitchens and a swim-up pool bar, but decided we didn't need to pay the extra $ for things we were not going to use. The Sands and Ocean Club seemed too family oriented for us, and the RWI appears too far from activites and dining if your not renting a car. We're not. However, the RWI seems to get the best reviews and recommendations. We really wanted to stay at Coral Gardens, but for the price just couldn't do it. We are going for the beach and water, not the accomendations.

When you decide on a place you might like, check tripadvisor.com for reviews.
Old Mar 26th, 2006, 07:28 PM

bulldog,

If you want to snorkel all day - then Coral Gardens is the place to stay - no travel issue as the reef is right outside the resort and you can eat and snorkel or relax in your room and snorkel.

We stayed there last August and they were doing a "buy one get one free" offer and even then they upgraded us to a 'Grand' suite. We paid $200 a night for the room.

I did a trip report if you care to search for it - funnily enough I have since found out that the suite we stayed in is owned by my dermatologist - Isn't it an amazingly small world!!!!
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 04:36 AM

Hello everyone, I've been reading posts on here for over a year now and have injoyed hearing about everyones trips.
After reading so many great posts about Turks and cacios we decided this was the place we wanted to go spend a week.
The nicest water I've ever seen has been in the fla. keys so T&C should be a real treat!. We are on about the same budget as you are Bulldog and chose the Sibonne hotel. You might want to check in to that as well. Its a small hotel with only like 27 rooms but affordable and I have read pleasent reveiws about it. It also has a bar and a nice resturant on site as well as being directly on the beach. We will be down there from May 4th to the 11th. If anyone has any advice on interesting things to do while down there please feel free to let us know.