Where to stay, Hyatt or Radisson with teens?

Old Jul 8th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to stay, Hyatt or Radisson with teens?

We are planning an Aruba vacation over Thanksgiving. We are considering either the Hyatt or Radisson. The Hyatt is now renovating and the Radisson gets mixed reviews. I'm very concerned about people being sent off to another resort because of over booking, read this happened at the Radisson last November. Whats with that? Anyway, whats nicer all around, the Radisson or the Hyatt? I would love to hear any opinions of those who have stayed at either or both.
Old Jul 10th, 2006, 07:12 PM

We stayed at the Radisson in April, and really enjoyed it. In our opinion, it had the best beach front on Palm Beach. The grounds were lovely, the rooms were very pretty, and the service and food were all great. We did walk down to the Hyatt, and the beach was much more crowded and not as wide. Also, the water in front of the Radisson was much more clear...there was more seaweed and other debris in the water in front of the Hyatt.
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 11:42 AM

My husband & I stayed at the Radisson and loved it. We were in the Bonaire tower with a view of the pool and sea beyond. The Radisson has balconies w/chairs & table. I think the Hyatt's balconies are only for standing.
The Rad's pool is to die for. They also have parrots in the lobby & Gilligan's by the pool which serves up awesome steak sandwiches. Also, the Rad runs specials w/stay five nights, get one free. In addition, had a $100.00 food & beverage credit, which was nice. I'd certainly stay at the Radisson again.
Old Jul 12th, 2006, 12:37 PM

I've stayed at the Radisson, too, and found it to be a lovely place. I think, however, that teens may like the Hyatt better - seemed to be more action down at that end of the beach.
Old Jul 13th, 2006, 09:48 AM

I stayed at the Radisson for my honeymoon and LOVED it. It is GORGEOUS and you'll feel completely safe letting your teens wander the grounds. The Hyatt has a more impressive pool complex (wtaer slides, etc) but I liked the laid-back feel of the Radisson.

For a family, I'd definitely recommend eating at Amazonia -- $35 for all-you-can-eat meat. (Brazilian-style churrascaria.) Lots of food and lots of fun. (Scratch that rec if you're vegetarians, obviously )
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! The Radisson sounds great. Has anyone been to Aruba over Thanksgiving? We all ready have our tickets. Is it as crowded as Christmas week?
Old Jul 26th, 2006, 07:41 PM

We just came back from Aruba on the 19th also with two teens. We stayed at the Radisson. They will love it. The grounds can't be beat and the beach is the best on Palm Beach. I was n ot impressed with the Hyatt at all. It did not look like a standard Hyatt to me. The only thing going for the Hyatt is a slide into the pool. Nothing impressive though. They are doing renovations, at the time we were there it was the lobby, there was no lobby just a portable desk. The Hyatt is more cramped. Radisson has two pools. My teens loved Texas de Brazil, try to eat there if you can. and also Madame Janette.