Where to stay for scuba diving in Cozumel

Apr 14th, 1998, 03:49 AM
Fran

Where to stay for scuba diving in Cozumel

Starting to research a trip to Cozumel in November for some scuba diving. Don't want an all inclusive. Would like some feedback about places to stay. Also recommendations for dive shops. Thanks Fran

Apr 14th, 1998, 04:21 AM
Tabatha

check out web site for Maduro Dive at www.empg.com/maduro or call them at 800 327 6709
Have fun!

Apr 14th, 1998, 04:11 PM
Bart

I researched the same question several months ago and decided on Aldora Dive shop and Fiesta Inn. I arranged it all thru Aldora. Check out their web site (www.aldora.com). There are some good honest reviews and recommendations on hotels.
I'm going in first week of June for 4 nites and lots of diving. The thing that sold me on Aldora was the 120's and bottom times.
Hope this helps.

Apr 28th, 1998, 11:57 AM
shell

The Fiesta Inn is a good choice. We stayed there our first year after moving out of the Sol Caribe (too expensive, too run-down at the time). We've stayed there since when adding extra days onto our time share visit. Best pool on the island, decent snacks, too (chicken taco plate is good). Never ate in the restaurant, but sang in the karaoke bar. Relatively close to town, but don't believe anyone who says it's a 5-minute walk. It's more like 15 or 20 and in that heat and humidity, forget it. The only thing we wished the rooms had were mini fridges to keep beer and lunchmeat cold. We make do with a cooler that turns into a stadium chair, but the first year we went down, the ice machines never had ice and walking all the way to the bar was a pain.

Search this Thread