Where to start?

Dec 30th, 2003, 03:31 PM
Original Poster
Where to start?

I am planning a summer trip to an island with blue water... that is as far as I can plan without being overwhelmed!!

I was leaning toward Bermuda.. But then read several people mention how it was too much like being in the states...

I have been to St John and absolutly LOVED it.. it was pretty much perfect for us.. not too crowded, great snorkeling, perfect beaches, not too expensive, views, English speaking but we knew we weren't in Oklahoma anymore ... but we would really like to go somewhere new.. these trips are few and far between..

Advice on where to start??
Dec 30th, 2003, 06:01 PM
There's really good lookn sheep on Virgin Gorda,and I knowe how you people in Oklahoma feel about them.
Dec 30th, 2003, 07:28 PM
Three places come to mind: Cat Island in the Bahamas; Anegada (northernmost of the BVI's) and Anguilla. All have unbelievably clear and warm water and are the perfect places to "get away from it all." Food for thought ... have fun planning!
Dec 31st, 2003, 03:43 AM
Hmm Bermuda like the states? What state? I'm moving there! hehehe I loved Bermuda when I visited a few summers ago -- the way I'd say its like the states is that I felt 100% safe and comfortable everywhere I went -- can't say that for lots of other islands. The other great part about Bermuda for summer is that it is much, much less likely to be hit by a hurricane because of how far north it is.

Search this Thread