Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

where to say on the Turks & Caicos islands?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2001, 02:57 PM
carrie

hi, <BR>i am planning a midwinter vacation for my family ( 15 yr daughter, 10yr son, 5yr twins) and have no idea where to stay. in the past we have been happy with Ritz-Carltons is there anything similar? my eldest children are both bringing two friends so i would like to get something that has muiltiple suites or villas. also i am only 32 and not the typical "mother" and i love to go dancing! what clus) is the place to be? <BR>thanks <BR>carrie

Old May 2nd, 2001, 04:44 AM
eileen

Point Grace is very nice and has really large 3 bedroom condos (2,600 sq feet). There is not much night life on Provo, though. Also, if you need more space, Point Grace has three villas they rent, all descriptions on their website at www.pointgrace.tc

Old May 3rd, 2001, 12:45 PM
Anon

Turks and Caicos are a group of islands. Which particular island were you planning on visiting?

Old May 3rd, 2001, 01:44 PM
carrie

anon, <BR>thanks for your intreset. i guess it would hep if i said where we are going! we plan lto visit te following islands: Grand turk, Provo, South caicos,north caicos, and middle caicos. but we have nothing set. i have not done very much reserch yet so i am not sure if all the islands are the "right" ones to visit. i would really appreciate so input on that as well as resorts/hotels. <BR>thanks <BR>carrie allen

Old Sep 9th, 2001, 10:02 AM
Geri

Provo is the only island that will be close to what you want out of your vacation. I spent a couple weeks on Middle Caicos two years ago and there was not even a restaurant or grocery store there and there are no "resorts". North Caicos has a little more development, but is still very, very subdued and there are no resorts even close to a Ritz Carlton. Even Provo does not have a Ritz Carlton or other similar properties. Beaches is the all-inclusive resort on Provo, but it is not at the level of a Ritz Carlton. I am wondering if the Turks and Caicos is the wrong destination for you and your children.

Old Sep 9th, 2001, 01:14 PM
Karen

Altho there is no Ritz in the TCI, there are several high end resorts, Parrot Cay and Meridian Club, both a short boat or plane away from Provo. The Grace Bay Club gets rave reviews as well and winds up on the many top lists but it is on Provo which is growing by leaps and bounds. I do believe that Meridian Club limits children by age during season and the off-Provo location would definintely eliminate the choice to go dancing and clubbing.