Little Dix Bay vs Biras Creek

Old Apr 5th, 2000, 09:51 AM
Keith

Little Dix Bay vs Biras Creek

I am going to be on Virgin Gorda in July for my honeymoon. I am trying to decide between Little Dix Bay and Biras Creek. Any suggestions?

Old Apr 7th, 2000, 02:02 PM
Kyle

Keith- I am going to V.G. in July for my honeymoon as well and had the same dilemma. We settled on Biras mostly b/c it is a good bit cheaper for oceanfront suites and b/c I have read that Little Dix is less intimate and overrun with families. Biras is supposed to be mostly couples (young and old) and the resort offers everything you could want, including one of the best restaurants in the Caribbean. Little Dix's beaches look slightly better, but for us that wasn't a deal breaker. Hopefully someone who has been to both places can concur/disagree with me. I vote for B.C. though, see you there..

Old Apr 8th, 2000, 02:48 PM
Joel

My wife and I were at Biras last year and enjoyed it. As K.A. points out it is very couples oriented. There were nothing but couples there during our visit and perhaps 30% looked like honeymooners (young and lots of nervous giggles).
Biras and LDB are about as different as two resorts could be. LDB conforms to the usual image of a resort and for that reason may be a safer choice, but I would find it sort of a high class version of ordinary. High points are very good food, lots to do, and terrific landscaping providing a certain serenity and high-class atmosphere. It has a terrific reputation over many years.
Biras is quite isolated making it excellent for those who want to get away. There is a great deal of privacy for couples and it specializes in natural splendor. Things are quite spread out so everyone has their own bicycle. About the only places you're apt to frequently bicycle to are the marina (you can take a boston whaler out into Gorda Sound on your own for snorkeling, etc.) or to the swim beach.
The food is outstanding. I didn't care much for my room which was just bad architecture from my point of view. All in all, I would rank the resorts I've seen or stayed at (the top 3) as follows: #1 Frenchman's Cay, #2 Biras Creek, #3 LDB. I feel in saying that, I am doubtless being unfair to two resorts I haven't seen except from the water: Guana Island Resort and Peter Island Resort. If you have any interest in those you might do a search by keyword on this site.

Old Apr 21st, 2000, 11:13 AM
Michelle

Went to Little Dix Bay for my honeymoon last June, and it was spectacular! I read ALOT about diferent resorts and islands and it kept pointing to LDB. It wasn't as "stuffy" (at all) like some things I read. I thought it was ideal for very many reasons. Location (can get anywhere) for walking, the baths you MUST do, snorkeling and much much more. Feel free to e-mail me if you need any details.

Old Apr 22nd, 2000, 06:26 AM
cathy

My husband and I went to Little Dix Bay for our honeymoon in Novmeber of 1999, it was beautiful. We had the same dilemma as you, trying to decide on Biras Creek or Little Dix. I can't really remember what made us choose Little Dix, but we have no regrets. It was beautiful! The food was excellent and the employees could not do enough for you! Whichever you choose I don't think you will regret either one! Enjoy! Feel free to e-mail with any questions. Also, if you do choose Little Dix and choose the meal plan, I would advise to only choose breakfast and dinner, we chose three meals and we honestly didn't need it. They served so much food at breakfast and dinner you weren't hungry for lunch. You ended up eating just because you know you paid for it! Have fun!!