Where to look for package deal at Caneel Bay?

Feb 6th, 2004, 12:38 PM
Cassandra

Where to look for package deal at Caneel Bay?

We're considering a few days at Caneel Bay for 35th anniversary in Oct. On their website, they list some packages that don't seem to be particular bargains, although I know it isn't a bargain sort of place. Has anyone experience with finding a good rate through some other source?

Feb 6th, 2004, 01:26 PM

The only bargains I'm familiar with are those you can occasionally get through credit card programs (free upgrades) or travel agents who specialize in dealing with particular resorts. You can sometimes find great deals at LuxuryLink, but I can't recall having seen Caneel listed there.
For the most part, places like Caneel stay heavily booked without offering deals, so they don't really need to work to entice people to go there.
Feb 8th, 2004, 09:57 AM

I would definitely keep an eye on Luxury Link, Caneel is occasionally listed there.
I've also seen packages listed on American Airlines website and Expedia etc.
You won't really find a "bargain" but you might be able to do a bit better than booking directly.
Feb 8th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Cassandra

Thanks, Mermaid. I was unfamiliar with Luxury Link -- what is your experience with them? What are pitfalls, hidden considerations, etc.? Have you ever bid in one of their auctions or just used the package deals?

Feb 8th, 2004, 01:16 PM

I've used Luxury Link several times and have nothing but good things to say. The only caution I would give you would be to thoroughly check prices from other sources before you bid on an auction. Don't get carried away by the bidding.
I just checked the American Airlines website and you can do Caneel for 7 days in mid October in an Oceanfront room for around $4000 including airfare from JFK in NY.
Caneel is expensive, no getting around it but imo it is a spectacular resort for a special occasion.