Where to honeymoon in October?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1st, 2005, 09:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone. My honeymoon is in mid October of 2006 and I was wondering if anyone could recommend one of the places in the carribean to go to. I realize that hurricane season will impact which islands to go to, but if anyone can share their experience with me, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks
Rick
Old Dec 1st, 2005, 10:04 AM

Rick

It would be easier to recommend someplace if we know what your budget was? What you like in a tropical vacation. For instance do you like lots of action, international food, dancing, shopping or do you like peace and quiet on a non-toursity island? Do you prefer all-inclusive or EP resorts?
Do you prefer coral island that have beacutiful white sand beaches but no mountains or lush scenery or just the opposite with opportunities for hiking, diving, etc.
Old Dec 1st, 2005, 10:06 AM

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage Rick! You're right about mid-October still being hurricane season, although the height of the season usually occurs in late August through mid-September. If you want to minimize your chances of getting impacted by hurricanes and stormy weather, you may want to consider Aruba as a destination since Aruba is south of the traditional hurricane belt and more arid that most of the other Caribbean islands. Of course, to properly answer your question, you should let us know what you're looking for in a choice of island (quality of the beaches, pool, nightlife, shopping, snorkeling, seclusion, etc.) and how much you're looking to spend.
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 12:03 PM

We went to Barbados for our honeymoon in Oct 2004 and loved it. Stayed at the Fairmount w/ breakfast included (choice of two restaurants or room service), and they had an afternoon tea in the lobby. Great restaurants, good snorkeling and diving, nice dive shop on-site. We only had one rainy day while we were there, but you could see all of the storms out on the horizon.
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 03:19 PM

Hurricanes are definitely a problem in most of the Caribbean that time of year. Check out Ambergris Caye in Belize. Our favorite place to stay there is Victoria House. Lovely place, very romantic, popular with honeymooners. A broad range of accomodations in various price ranges. There's lots to do there. For details take a look at their website.
Old Dec 5th, 2005, 07:53 PM

I would recommend Aruba. It can rain in October, but definitely less likely than any other caribbean island. Of course your budget would be a consideration. Aruba's food and drink tend to be more pricey, but money exchange is not necessary, so this makes it more convenient. If your budget allows, I would recommend the Hyatt or Marriott on Palm Beach. Good luck!
Old Dec 6th, 2005, 03:19 AM

http://www.las-terrenas-hotels.com/ebahia.html
Old Dec 6th, 2005, 06:31 AM

Not even the southern islands are 100% immune from hurricanes, but they are very rare if you go to Barbados and south. Meaning Barbados, Grenada, St.Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago, and the Dutch islands of Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao.
Barbados is a wonderful island with lots to see and do, lovely people, great restaurants, fine hotels and beaches. Also a cultural feel where you don't think you're just on a US outpost. Much more lush and tropical in feeling than A,B,C.
Old Dec 6th, 2005, 08:30 AM

How about Petit St Vincent in the Grenadines? Private island with only 22 cottages. Food is delivered to your cottage or to the beach (for lunch). Great for honeymooners.