Where to go with toddler

Search

Where to go with toddler

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2007, 06:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to go with toddler

I am planning to take my almost two year old to the Caribbean in June. I am looking to relax on the beach and enjoy walking to see the sights. I took him to Cancun in November and hated it. I would like somewhere that is not just a row of resorts. Obviously we don’t need nightlife and we can’t go diving or do any long excursions. I was thinking of St. Maarten or Barbados and had pretty much rules out the Bahamas as too touristy. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Apr 30th, 2007, 06:41 AM

How much do you want to spend? Where are you flying from? Does it matter how long it takes you to get there? What type of sites do you want to see?
Old Apr 30th, 2007, 07:19 AM

If you want a little more adventure w/no people check out Montserrat. We've gone w/our two small children the past two years & love it. See my prior trip reports also, just search Montserrat, they aren't hard too find.
Old Apr 30th, 2007, 08:16 AM

Barbados is beautiful...we stopped there on a cruise last year and were on the island all day. The people were friendly and there are things to do if you wish. We took our kids to the animal preserve and they loved it!
Old Apr 30th, 2007, 06:21 PM

Hi,

You could try the Riviera Maya, which is south of Cancun and has beautiful beaches, it is easy to take a trip into Playa del Carmen for 1-2 hours, wonderful people with love for family and children.

You might also check out the Four Seasons Nevis in Nevis, Sandy Lane in Barbados, Casa de Campo or Paradisus Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. Also, Turks & Caicos has majestic beaches and a quiet, peaceful getaway.

Hope this trip works better for you!

Best Regards,
Julia