Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

where to go w/ family- son{31} married w/ toddler and daughter {28} married.

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 04:01 PM
barbara

my husband and i would like to take family away in month of may . my family wants to go to an island. anybody have a suggestion. please state why you feel your selection is a good one for my household. thanks

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 04:30 PM
Penney

I would suggest Bucanneer in St.Criox. It has been many years since I hgave been but I recall it had something for everyone. Beach is beautiful, the resort is pretty spread out, nice golf, tennis, children's activities, good dining choices, excellent snorkeling over at Buck Island reef, day trips to other USVI, etc... It is a beautiful property.

Other choices might be Casa De Campo, Frenchmen's Reef, Bermuda (never been but people rave about it!!!!)

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 04:47 PM
hmmmmm

So much more information is needed! What is your budget? What are the must haves for your resort? For example: night life, spas, beaches, water sports, child care facilities, etc. Do you want active or lounging by the pool/on the beach? All inclusive (meals, snacks, drinks) or do you want to dine around? Any particular area of the Caribbean? East, West, Southern?

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 05:07 PM
Carol

Have to agree with the first poster--The Buccaneer it is. We've been three times (including this past February) and think it's a nice combination of being upscale without being stuffy. There's golf, tennis, great beaches a pool and various accommodations. Buck Island would be great for the more adventurous of your group and the toddler will be happy with the beach (and pool).
Write with any questions if you have them.

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 06:50 PM
Wow!

What about Nisbet Plantation on the island of Nevis? I also like Bermuda, which would be great in May.