Reload this Page > Where to go in the Caribbean later in March
Notices

Where to go in the Caribbean later in March

Mar 5th, 2016, 12:14 PM
Original Poster

Where to go in the Caribbean later in March

Later this month, we'd like to go to:

*Self-contained resort on the beach.

*Within walking distance (or at least a short cab ride away) from shopping, restaurants, activities. I do not want to spend the entire seven days and nights at one resort. I want to enjoy the island beyond the confines of a resort.

*Do not want an isolated resort (like The Crane on Barbados - lovely hotel but a remote location) or an all activities included resort (since I'm paying for all meals, beverages, activities I have little incentive to go elsewhere).

*An island w/ nice beaches and other interesting geography like mountains, rain forest, etc. While I want a hotel on the beach I am not going to spend eight hours a day there.

*The last two years we've gone to Accra Beach on Barbados (ocean view) and Bay Gardens Beach Resort (ocean front) on St. Lucia at this time of year. Both meet our above criteria and price out at just over $300/night, taxes and fees included.

*I'm willing to go up to $400/night but i can't see spending any more than that considering we enjoyed ourselves the last two years.

*Please, the particepants in this forum, give me your opinion. Thanks
Mar 5th, 2016, 01:23 PM

St Kitts - Timothy Beach Beach Resort and the Marriott Resort check off all your "must haves".

Also, look at resorts/hotels in Grand Case on St. Martin. Almost all will fit your needs to a "t".
Mar 6th, 2016, 07:21 AM

Second RoamsAround's suggestions for Marriot on St Kitts. I have stayed at Timothy also, but IMHO, the pool area and rooms at the Marriot are much, much nicer.

Search this Thread