Where to go for a 10th anniversary?

Old Apr 9th, 2003, 07:41 PM
Original Poster

Where to go for a 10th anniversary?

My wife and I are planning a quick get away for our 10 anniversary. Our 5 year old is not one to stay without us so we are hoping to be able to squeeze out 3 nights. Also I recently became unemployed but did not want to let that stop our trip. To save money we can use frequent flyer miles and thereby be able to stay at a nicer resort. We like a nice resort (entertainment, nice pools, nice rooms, on the beach, good beaches, not run-down, etc.). We do not do the all inclusive deals. With only 3 nights/4 days, we need to not waste too much time in travel to and from our home in NC. We have thought about the Florida Keys but are open to Caribbean islands that would be easy to get to and from and that would not be too expensive. Have done the Bahamas, St. John, St. Thomas (also Cancun). We like to be active and have sightseeing things to do. Any suggestions on beach places we could spend our 10th anniversay ??? Sounds like a lot of factors but basically we need to be able to get there quick, have a place where there is fun stuff to do, not be overly pricey (like I hear Bermuda is overall) and provide a good memory for our 10th. Please provide a destination and resort suggestion there. Thanks.
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 01:41 PM

For a quick trip, I would stay close to the main land like Turks and Caicos, Jamaica or even Playa Del Carmen - while giving you I think the best as far as deal insavings, Playa Del Carmen is basically all-inclusives though.<BR><BR>Jamaica has tons of resort to pick from but would stay inthe Montego Bay to Runaway area.<BR><BR>