Where to go? 3 females...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25th, 2003, 09:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am tossing around ideas for a vacation this year for me & my 2 friends, all in late 20s, prob in june - cant decide between the bahamas & punta cana - we are looking for a nice beach, all-inclusive, not just a couples resort - basically somewhere we can relax for a few days - any suggestions? at this point im leaning towards punta cana - our budget is about 1000 a person, and we want to get the most for that without staying at a roach motel....thanks!
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 11:11 AM

Hi,<BR>I would say Punta Cana is the way to go. I lived in Nassau for a year and can honestly say I don't think it is the safest place for single women. It would also be much more expensive.<BR><BR>Punta Cana all the hotels are all-inlcusives and they all have lots of bars and dico's to keep you busy. The beaches are incredible with blue water and white sand beaches. I think you will be able to stick with your budget as well.
Old Mar 26th, 2003, 05:26 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the quick response. Like I said I was leaning towards Punta Cana. Any suggestions on hotels? I have checked out a few websites with reviews, i just like all the input i can get!<BR><BR>Thanks again!
Old Mar 26th, 2003, 09:00 AM

Since you're going in the low season, check out some of the nicer places. We were able to go to the Ritz in Jamaica on the all-inclusive plan for not that much more than $1000, and that was in February (the highest part of the high season). There was a good mixture of people there. Some couples, some familes, some groups of singles . . . You wouldn't feel out of place, and the single male employees will make a big deal over you!!
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 07:25 AM

I would definitely go to Punta Cana in the DR over the Bahamas. At least in the DR you can relax and have a good time and feel welcome. Where as when I stayed in the Bahamas I encountered alot of rude bahamians. Bahamas thrive on tourists as their number 1 revenue and you feel that in your pockets.<BR><BR>Plus, there is a heck of alot more to do in the DR than there is in the Bahamas.<BR><BR>You could prob find a good deal through a travel agent. I was offered maybe 3 weeks ago a special that was $850 - All inclusive air/hotel - 8 days 7 nites at punta cana. <BR><BR>Good luck and have a great time!<BR><BR>
Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:12 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for everyone's help! We have decided to go with Punta Cana. I have heard many good things about the resorts there. We plan on booking very soon!