Reload this Page >

WHERE TO EAT IN THE CAYMAN ISLANDS?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 1998, 07:42 AM
Lorraine & Ned Leavitt

We will be in the Cayman Islands (Resort: Morritts Club) in July and we need suggestions for good restaurants!

Old Jun 2nd, 1998, 01:47 PM
K Noel

The Wharf is a great, yet expensive restaurant. A local place that we ate at four years ago called Liberty's was also great. They were down at the village of Liberty. I have no idea if they're still there, but they had a buffet with all kinds of fruits and seafoods that we had never seen before! So many of the restaurants are so Americanized, we really enjoyed Liberty's!! I'd love to know if anyone else has tried it.

Old Jun 2nd, 1998, 01:47 PM
K Noel

The Wharf is a great, yet expensive restaurant. A local place that we ate at four years ago called Liberty's was also great. They were down at the village of Liberty. I have no idea if they're still there, but they had a buffet with all kinds of fruits and seafoods that we had never seen before! So many of the restaurants are so Americanized, we really enjoyed Liberty's!! I'd love to know if anyone else has tried it.

Old Jun 2nd, 1998, 04:38 PM
D

Jjust got back from Grand Cayman. One of the best places we found to eat (we were there for lunch) was called the Cracked Conch By The Sea (next to the turtle farm). Great view and excellent food. They had the best fried shrimp I have ever had. Their mango pina colada is great too! Not too pricey and I thought pretty good amount of food for the price. I would recommend the Wharf just for the view and the feeding of the tarpons at 9pm - really expensive and you only get an entree, no salad or potato. I think I paid about $25 for my plate of shrimp and rice and that was Cayman dollars, which at the time was worth US 80 cents.

Old Jun 2nd, 1998, 05:23 PM
Jim

If your on a budget, try the "JUMBO JACK" w/cheese at Burger King, it's a meal and then some , and under $2.

Old Jun 6th, 1998, 01:56 PM
Mark B.

Just returned from Cayman in mid May. We had great meals (2) at Lantanas down from the old holiday inn. Also,excellent italian at Edoardos. The sunday brunch at the westin was probably the best spread I have ever seen and the food was excellent. Have a great time and bring plenty of money.

Old Jun 9th, 1998, 08:08 AM
Todd

Hey D ([email protected]): <BR> <BR>I agree, the Cracked Conch is good; has the Cayman dollar been devalued? Last time I was there the exchange rate was artificially set at US$1.25 to the Cayman dollar, so you're C$25 entree would actually be US$31.25; I hope you are right, but if not, sit down before you open your VISA bill. <BR>

Old Jun 9th, 1998, 02:42 PM
LP

We went last year to the Caymans and love it. We found one restaurant that had all you could eat lobster for about $30 a person. It was pretty good. Can't remember the name but it had a western/American type name. If you are looking for local island food try asking the locals. We found several small family, off the main road that were very good.

Old Jun 24th, 1998, 01:45 PM
Meg

We enjoyed the Almond Tree on North Church Street right across from Kirk's Supermarket. We ate at Lantana's also, but for twice the price of Almond Tree. Lantana's food was good, but it's completely enclosed so you get no island view or atmosphere. Enjoy.