Reload this Page >

Where should we take our baby?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12th, 1998, 06:07 PM
Wendy

We have gone to all inclusives for the past few Februarys (Couples, Ochos Rios, Grand Lido, Negril & 2 Sandals resorts-our favorite was Couples) and have enjoyed them immensely. Now we have a baby and would like to go to a resort where babysitting is available as well as adults only restaurants/pools. Any suggestions-not all inclusive will be okay too. Any suggestions?

Old Oct 12th, 1998, 06:11 PM
Leslie

you may want to look into the Sandals chain for families: called Beaches. I believe they have resorts in Turks&Caicos, as well as Negril-Jamaica. I just watched a promotional video on the one in Turks & Caicos, British Virgin Islands and it looks amazing. The price is pricey...but up there with the other resorts you mentioned. With Sandals chain, you can likely count on superior service and professionalism, especially important when taking a child and trusting it in thier care.

Old Oct 12th, 1998, 06:47 PM
wendy

Yes, Beaches looks wonderful, but it is a little toomuch $$ at aprox. $2000 per person for a week. Any other sugges- tions? What about Boscobel Beach in Jamaica?

Old Oct 12th, 1998, 07:00 PM
Leslie

I have no first hand knowledge of these family resorts, and I've read mixed reviews on Boscobel....can't remember where. To get a report on many of these resorts in Jamaica, check out the following site: <BR>http://www.caribtravelnews.com/ctr_indx.htmp <BR> <BR>I found a wealth of indepth reports there, updated monthly. Good luck, there seems to be more and more of these family oriented resorts in the all inclusive business. <BR>Oh, I just thought of a place : Almond Beach Village in Barbados is all inclusive, offers both adults only and children restaurants, adult and kiddy pools, is a large resort with 7? pools, etc. And a bonus:its in Barbados! <BR>The price is better, I beleive around $1800 incl.airfare (canadian$) and is rated a 4 1/2 star, I think. If you want to check it out: www.almondbeach.com <BR> <BR>Hope this helps. Leslie.

Old Oct 12th, 1998, 07:05 PM
Leslie again

Hi Wendy; Sorry, the above website is wrong. <BR>This is almond beach village website; <BR> <BR>http://www.almondresorts.com/vill.html

Old Oct 30th, 1998, 02:06 PM
Drew Popik

We were at Boscobel two years ago and had a good time. We were very pleased with the daycare set-up and everything "worked" as far as the rest of the resort. I have heard that many of the rooms need renovation and that the whole resort is looking a little "tired" over the last few years. Good luck in your search, we are looking for a place to go ourselves.

Old Oct 30th, 1998, 05:41 PM
concerned

If you have any concern about the health of your baby, do not go to the Caribbean. The risks are very high from insects and other problems when in the care of others. However, if you don't really don't care, go. It is easy to make another baby if you really want one. If you really care, wait until its immune system is built up in about 10 years and go. Otherwise stay near home. If not, leave it in a place in the US that can give it safer care than the Caribbean. It is not that bad there, but it is really third world, and the USA has not quite reached there yet.

Old Oct 31st, 1998, 04:01 PM
Marilyn

I wouldn't hesitate to take my gramdspm to Aruba. We have been there twice and were quite happy with the holiday. We stayed at the Bushiri. However I'm not sure about childcare there but I'm sure there are other resorts there that could fill your requirements for baby. Its been about three years since we were last there. Good Luck.

Old Nov 1st, 1998, 03:18 PM
Keith

Wendy: See our comments on "A beach with an 18month old". <BR> <BR>I you need any more specifics, just e-mail. <BR> <BR>