Reload this Page >

where is best snorkeling?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 05:26 AM
susie

hi! just returned from a trip to St. John and loved snorkeling there . am trying to arrange for our next trip and every one has given great suggestions about luxury resorts near good restaurants, but no word on snorkeling. Any suggestions on luxury resorts really near or on beach with great snorkeling? thanks, susie

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 08:34 AM
katie

i'd love to hear about the best places too as am planning my honeymoon. katie

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 08:39 AM
island_girl

Susie . . . can you tell us about your snorkeling on St. John? How many different beaches did you go to? What was the best? Where did you stay? Did you snorkel right off shore?<BR>I was in Provo last August and had a pretty good time snorkeling. here's where i stayed: www.coralgardens.com<BR>There's a reef right off shore there. If you want to spend less, try www.theseagate.com which is located right behind Coral Gardens.<BR>

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 11:59 AM
susie

i stayed at caneel bay... i snorkeled there at Caneel beach (by the rocks in early am and 4-5 there are tons of fish, and then also at scott beach. Caneel is "public" and i've heard that hawksnest is really good too.

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 07:45 AM
Emily

This seems to be a popular topic for most of us. Some of my favorite places with great snorkeling are : Caneel, Little Dix, Hawksnest (Antigua) Sapphire at STT, Ritz - STT.<BR>My overall, absolutely best, most favorite, fantastic snorkeling is the Presidente in Cozumel...going back in April....can't wait!!

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 09:49 AM
Ann

If you enjoyed the snorkling at Caneel, you might enjoy the BVI's even more. There are loads of spots and from many beaches but the best are those little cays like Lovongo and Congo off St. John - a trip not to miss, Cooper Island, Norman Island, the Dogs, the Indians, Mosquito Island and Monkey Point off Tortola. Sandy Spit off Anegada is wonderful but nearest luxury resorts are on Virgin Gorda or Necker Island. Biras Creek on Virgin Gorda has some of the best off the beach snorkling but then there are so many beaches that it is great. At Caneel I would head to Honeymoon Beach.

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 03:48 PM
Zoe

We have just planned a trip to Grand Cayman, 7 mile beach (Northern end***) and researched a lot. Snorkeling is supposed to be great right off beach (which is one of the nicest in world) and reasonable $ after June 1;but it will be HOT. We've been to Kauai(currents on North are dangerously strong sometimes) and St. Johns(has great underwater snorkeling park w/markers) and St. Thomas(Good off Sapphire Beach) and Bermuda(ok)....from what I hear they dont compare to Cayman . I thought Oahu has a Waunama Bay(I probably dont have sp. right)I thought that was awesome...ya swim out a pipeline- it was a little rough the day we went but saw everything but sharks.