Reload this Page >

Where did you stay on Anguilla?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 1999, 08:11 AM
Serena

Hi. Any and all information would be greatly appreciated. I'm interested in all price ranges. Has anyone stayed at Blue Waters? Is it as great as they say it is?

Old May 13th, 1999, 09:42 AM
Cheri

We stayed at Anguilla Great House and it WAS great. The people were the best, the room was light and airy and the chairs on the porch were out of this world. The food and drinks were all good.

Old May 13th, 1999, 10:41 AM
Serena

Is the Anguilla Great House right on the beach?

Old May 14th, 1999, 02:47 AM
K Noel

We stayed at Blue Waters a few years ago and loved it! It's right on the beach, quiet, well-kept. You'll need a vehicle because it's pretty remote, but you'll want one anyway so that you can explore. We loved Anguilla--remember that it's flat and not as lush as some of the other islands. Have a wonderful time--I recommend Blue Waters! <BR>

Old May 14th, 1999, 10:18 AM
stephanie

Sometimes it helps to hear about all places to help with the process of elimination. We stayed at the Fountain Beach Hotel on Upper Shoal Bay. We had a 2 bedr. unit with kitchenette right on the beach for $275/nt. (1996). It too was light and airy. I loved the room and location, and there was a lovely small pool/garden area. However, there wasn't much in the way of service which actually was fine except for their restaurant. We were often the only ones there (limited to that and a few places down the beach because we had no car), and the service was slooooowwww. A few of the people who worked there greeted us with a bit of indifference, as though they were being put out to answer a question or help - and we pride ourselves on being very friendly gracious tourists who don't expect to be treated like royalty. There were a few very nice friendly employees on some days though. <BR> <BR>Down the beach from us about 1/4-1/2 mile were the Shoal Bay Villas and Shoal Bay Resort & I believe that the Allamanda Beach Resort (for which I've seen very favorable reports) is there too, these are other lodging choices that are in the "reasonable" category for Anguilla. - Shoal Bay is indescribably beautiful. If I went to Anguilla again, I'd stay on the same beach, different hotel. I haven't heard bad things about anything/place on Anguilla yet. Have an wonderful time.

Old May 14th, 1999, 06:24 PM
Jane

I went to Anguilla last summer and absolutely loved it. We stayed at Cap Jaluca which is on a beautiful beach. The hotel is very expensive in season but about 50% off in the summer. If you want to be pampered, have a huge private room with an incredible view and a bathroom with a wall of glass, breakfast served on your patio every morning...I could go on and on. <BR> Wherever you stay, you will love the island. The people are friendly,restaurants are great, lots of beaches. Rent a jeep and drive around. You'll love it.

Old May 15th, 1999, 05:51 AM
Mike

<BR> Blue waters is one of the better mid-priced resorts on Anguilla. The units are located right on the beach and it offers more privacy than The Great House. We stayed at The Great House over the holidays and although the accomodations were acceptable we would not go back. Most rooms do not have a refrigerator or other kitchen amenities. A refrigerator is important on Anguilla because you must drink bottled water. Whereas Blue Waters has a separate living room most of the Great House units consist of just one room. Although The Great House has 3 units right on the beach most are situated back off the beach with a lawn in between the unit and the beach.

Old May 15th, 1999, 06:12 AM
Cheri

Serena, yes the Great House is right on the beach. A beautiful beach at that. It was no big deal to walk across the lawn to the beach and as far as bottled water went, I always drink it and the housekeeper kept the ice bucket full so there was no problem. We only needed one room and didn't need a kitchen.

Old May 15th, 1999, 06:09 PM
Myrna

You will also enjoy the lovely two bedroom villa at Seafeather Bay. Kellyvilla has unobstructed views of St. Martin and the Caribbean Sea and has excellent service. Take advantage of current specials at $177.00 per night inc. taxes/service charges. Email me for full details on Kellyvilla.

Old May 17th, 1999, 10:34 AM
Todd

I've heard that the Shoal Bay Villas are very nice, and they look great on their website. Still they seem a little pricey. Anyone been there? <BR>

Old Jul 7th, 1999, 05:58 PM
Jill

Hi! We have stayed at Blue Waters twice, and in villas at La sirena twice. Both were reasonably priced, just depends what you are looking for. For our family of 4, La Sirena villas offered more space and a pool, but both are great places to be, and the island itself is a delight! E-mail if you'd like more info! <BR>Jill

Old Jul 28th, 1999, 05:34 AM
Kyle

Has anyoneever stayed at Malliouhana? Also, how's the snorkling around Anguilla? Thanks!

Old Jul 28th, 1999, 10:59 AM
Cheri

The snorkeling is the only thing keeping us from rushing right back! We have been there twice, once in the winter and once in the spring and the snorkeling left a lot to be desired. Some people raved about it but we really couldn't see what the fuss was about. We went to all the recommended places and were just uninspired. We loved the island tho. The people and the beaches just couldn't be beat.

Old Aug 8th, 1999, 04:08 PM
jacki

We are planning a trip to Anguilla in October and staying at the Carimar, has anyone stayed there? Is it a nice place?

Old Aug 19th, 1999, 12:47 PM
Joe

<BR>Message: Hi Serena. <BR>Since you are on Aol, I suggest you vist our Anguilla board site. We have many regular visitors to the island and get updated vacation reports as soon as someone returns. To get there click travel under channels, then click member opinions, then destinations, then carribean and finally Anguilla. You will become addicted to this board!!! <BR> <BR> <BR>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 25th, 1999, 05:54 AM
Donna

My husband stayed at the Fountain Beach several years ago during it's prime so we didn't hesitate to book them for our honeymoon. They gladly took our reservation and our money. I could go on forever regarding what we found when we got there. The place looked abandoned, there were these large dead roach-like bugs everywhere (inside and out). The pool and fountain we dry, and La Fontana was boarded up. There was nobody around, but a note was tacked up with a number to call if you needed assistance. We called (though we had no intention of staying) and a gentleman named Franklin arrived after a while. He tried to talk us into staying, saying we could have the room for $25 a night. When I declined and asked for a number to call in order to get my deposit back he suddenly forgot how to speak English (and I mean no offense to all the wonderful people of the island). I have called the reservation number three time and gotten no response at all, but I have not yet given up the fight. <BR>Thankfully our taxi driver (Austin) stayed with us during this time and brough us to another hotel (Shoal Bay Villas) and we had a wonderful honeymoon despite the initial setback. <BR> <BR>Check out http://anguillahomepage.ai/forums/HotelsMenu.html <BR>for more info. <BR> <BR>

Old Dec 16th, 1999, 07:15 PM
len

<BR>we got taken by fountain beach too , we left ten minutes after we arrived and never got all our money back, we stayed at elodias it was good for the price .