Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Where can I take my 12 year old ( just him & I ) for some good ocean plus fun ?? Been to Disney world, any ideas out there ? Thanks !

Search

Where can I take my 12 year old ( just him & I ) for some good ocean plus fun ?? Been to Disney world, any ideas out there ? Thanks !

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 01:55 PM
Lisa

I posted under the caribbean because I have seem to found alot of travel around the world people here. I'm looking for a cheap quick get away that's all inclusive with water sports plus a theme park of some type around ! Thanks all. <BR>Lisa

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 03:31 PM
traveler

There are no "theme parks" in the Caribbean. You go for the real world expirence. Turks is great and not "cheap". The Wyndham Rose Hall in Montego Bay has a great water park at the resort. And you could go to Dunn's River Falls he would love it.

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 04:04 PM
Samantha

Hi, Lisa! My 12 year old son & I have just returned from Aruba & we loved it! <BR>Try La Cabanna (we did not stay there <BR>but I heard from others that it is <BR>pretty reasonable & there are lots of kids for your son to hang out with). <BR>I have also heard that there is a great Club Med in the Dominican (Punta Cana?)When you decide on a destination I wonder if you cld. post back here <BR>with a 'trip report' b/c we are ready for another vacation & don't know where to go!

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 05:25 PM
d motl

Consider Isla Mujeres--a small Carribean island 10 miles from Cancun. <BR>Safe, homey warm fuzzy culture, inexpensive, great beachs. At 12 years your son will also be able to mix with locals as well as European children on Norde beach. We have a home grown brouchre on IM and surrounds which we e-mail on request. dan and ginny

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 05:32 PM
toni

Try Club Maeva in Manzanillo Mexico. The hotel has a beautiful large pool, and a separate waterslide pool. The resort has a mini club, so you can leave your child with one of the maeveamigos if you want some time on your own. The have good entertainment at night and meals were excellent. The resort is very large, so it is about a 3min walk to the beach. They also have some good deals for parents travelling alone with their children.

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 06:22 PM
Gail

You could try the Atlantis. It has eleven pools, many water slides, lazy river ride, and a camp for kids.

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 02:41 AM
adventureantigua.com

Sunsail Antigua or you can shoot me! <BR>Eli

Old Feb 18th, 2001, 10:47 AM
Sandye

Agree with the Club Maeva posting above, been there with our 3 kids and had a blast. They loved the waterslides. Also, just returned yesterday from Club Med Huatulco. BEST place for kids we have seen. If you are looking for a deal, sign up for their Family Escape, for about 1/2 price they will send you to one of 5 family resorts. I just can't say enough about the GO's (leaders) of the kids club. If you want any info, please feel free to email me.