Where are the best beaches in Puerto Rico ?

Jun 1st, 2002, 02:22 PM
Kerri

Thanks

Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:21 AM
Sharon

Beaches in Dorado are really nice; Luquillo is a beautiful long stretch of beach--many palm trees with coconuts--best to visit Luq. during the week, too crowded on the weekend. Rincon has those great powerful waves that surfers like--quiet area where many Americans live. Puerto Rico has a lot to offer--it's fun to stay at more than one place in P.R. and drive around the island. For those on a budget there are plenty of places to stay, even more inland like Hacienda Juanita.

Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:41 AM
Sharon

Website for info is puertoricoisfun.com
(puerto rico is fun)--go to About P.R. and the 10 best beaches--more informative than I am! Also in Google just type out the above not using .com

Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:45 AM
RichF

PR does have some lovely beaches, however you'll need a car and map to find and explore them. Actually, you'll need to take a ferry to find the best ones on Culebra and Vieques. Without question, Playa Flemenco, Culebra, is the most spectacular. On the mainland I like Bahia de Ricon, Luquillo and Boquerón. The San Jaun area does not have great beaches, but I like Isla Verde a little better than Condado and Ocean Park.

Jun 4th, 2002, 01:09 AM
Kerri

Thanks !

Jun 4th, 2002, 09:15 AM
Diana_pr77

you might try checking www.gotopuertorico.com or www.puertoricowow.com for info. In the San Juan area the Isla Verde Beach is a very popular beach. Also Flamenco beach in the island of Culebra is great. The COndado beach is nice. Dorado has good beaches. One of the most popular beach also is Luquillo public beach.

Jun 4th, 2002, 09:23 AM
Chef Jason Girard

Playa Flamenco on the island of Culebra is, hands down, the most spectacular beach I've ever seen. The rest of the beaches in Puerto Rico can't hold a candle to it. In fact, St. Thomas and the Dominican Republic can't come close, either.

Culebra is off the beaten path -- you'll have to take a ferry (or small plane) from Fajardo. It's well worth the trip!!! Spend a couple nights there and take a scuba/snorkeling tour (ReefLink Divers provide excellent guide service). Absolutely unforgettable!

Jun 4th, 2002, 04:53 PM
tom

Loquillo is very nice physically but a mess on weekends. There is trash everywhere. I would still go on the weekend though to get a real feel for the culture.

Flamenco on Culebra is not to be missed. One of the best in the Caribbean.

Another great idea is to catch one of the local boats over to Icacos Cay off Fajardo. It's like visiting your own private paradise. Amazing protected beach and great snorkeling.

Another nice beach in the Fajardo area is Seven Seas. Very calm water and a great place to interact with locals.

Search this Thread