When to go (or not to go)

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 08:26 AM
lcasper

When to go (or not to go)

I'm planning a trip to the Caymans from August 29 - Sept 4...is this a terrible idea? Assuming we don't get hit with a hurricane, what can I expect the weather to be like?

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 02:38 PM
Sandy

Planning a trip to Grand Cayman is never a terrible idea, regardless when you go!! It's going to be extremly HOT!! But I have been there in August and the weather was beautiful. Near the end of September I have seen rain, but I wouldn't be concerned with the dates your going.

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 02:39 PM
Dee

Went to Cayman for a wedding two years ago - Sept 4. That week was gorgous weather. Hope its the same for you.

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 08:49 AM
Anon

Hope you have lots of cash. Very, very expensive there.

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 07:31 AM
MK

And worth every cent! Cayman is gorgeous. Have a fantastic time and go scuba diving!! If you're not already certified, take a resort course and DO IT! Its WONDERFUL.....you'll never snorkel again!

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 10:46 AM
John

The Caymans are lovely, however, you can do better for less $$$s. The cost of food and liquor is extremely high. We were there two years ago and stopped on the way from the airport to buy a case of beer and a bottle of vodka. The cost was $74. Dinners were easily $100 nightly and with very little liquor, no desserts. We have been to quite a few islands in the Caribbean and elsewhere and nothing has come close to the price of the Caymans. We feel you can do better, i.e., St. John in the USVI, Virgin Gorda and Tortola in the BVI. We actually were able to spend two weeks in Hawaii for less than a week in the Caymans. The U.S. and British Virgin islands offer just about the best beaches and snorkeling to be found and we have not found the prices to be exhorbitant. Even Bermuda is a better bargain and it is a lovely island. We have been there in September and October and have enjoyed beautiful weather. IMHO, you can find better snorkeling, beaches, restaurants and a prettier island than Grand Cayman especially for the price.

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 02:48 PM
Anon

Ignore that last post. Whoever wrote that has no idea what Grand Cayman is about.

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 07:49 PM
N

Different strokes --------. If everyone like Cayman the best, it would sink into the sea. Everyone is able to express their opinion, aren't they??