What's the weather like in Antigua in September?

Jun 15th, 1998, 12:24 PM
Lisa F

What's the weather like in Antigua in September?

Our travel agent has a special for September and we are thinking about going. Is it rainy? Humid? or just beautiful? Please help! Thank you so much!!!

Jul 2nd, 1998, 07:24 AM
kate

Hi, my boyfriend and I are going to St. Lucia in 2 weeks, but we looked closely at Antigua too (it came
down to flight schedules). Anyhow, supposedly the
weather should be warm with chance of rain, since most rain is, I believe, from June to Sept. or something like that. There is a VERY informative website at www.where2stay.com or www.wheretostay.com
that not only gives useful info on every Caribbean island, including climate descriptions, but can also
show you the weather forecast on your island for the upcoming week.
Good luck!

Jul 4th, 1998, 11:56 AM
Joel

Hello Lisa,
Your tourist agent should have pointed out to you that Sep is hurricane season in the Caribbean. The best buys are therefore in Sep, for good reason. The hurricane season runs from July into Oct, spiking sharply in Sep. If his offer runs into Jul or Oct, then you can substantially reduce your risk by booking as early in Jul or as late in Oct as possible.
My suggestion is that you call a local TV or radio station that has a meteorologist and ask him some specific info about Antigua because the hurricane risk in the Caribbean varies according to the position of the island. Islands such as St. Thomas and Anguilla face more of a hurricane threat in Sep than do the more southerly islands such as Bonaire because the storms come in from an easterly or southeasterly direction at that time of the year. The islands closer to South America miss most, maybe all, hurricanes.

Jul 5th, 1998, 01:14 PM
Bob

Good advice in the prior post. Hurricane Luis devasted most of Antigua(and St Johns) in Sept 1995. Most of the hotels have finished their rebuilding and are finally reopening this year. Good values though, American has specials to St James Club, Pineapple Beach and galley Bay for this season. I'm going to tempt the odds myself; with the crazy weather patterns this year, who knows what'll happen??