Reload this Page >

what's the nicest all-inclusive in jamaica

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 1999, 12:17 PM
stephanie

We are thinking about a trip to Jamaica in late April and would like anyone's advise of the nicest all-inclusive. Also what is the weather like in Apr. <BR>

Old Jan 4th, 1999, 02:08 PM
Andrea

It depends on your taste and budget. <BR> <BR>Some very reputable ones are: <BR>1. Sandals Dunns River - people always rave about it. The other Sandals are nice as well. <BR>2. Breezes, Runaway Bay <BR>3. Couples, Ocho Rios. There's also a new Couples in Negril. By booking you can stay at both properties. <BR>4. Grand Lido- the most expensive and many travelers like it while others say it's not worth the premium price. <BR> <BR>Basically, you can't go wrong with the above selections. I am not recommending Grand Lido because of the high $$$$$. If you want to view some properties you can visit their respective websites.

Old Jan 4th, 1999, 02:09 PM
Andrea

It depends on your taste and budget. <BR> <BR>Some very reputable ones are: <BR>1. Sandals Dunns River - people always rave about it. The other Sandals are nice as well. <BR>2. Breezes, Runaway Bay <BR>3. Couples, Ocho Rios. There's also a new Couples in Negril. By booking you can stay at both properties. <BR>4. Grand Lido- the most expensive and many travelers like it while others say it's not worth the premium price. <BR> <BR>Basically, you can't go wrong with the above selections. I am not recommending Grand Lido because of the high $$$$$. If you want to view some properties you can visit their respective websites.

Old Mar 13th, 1999, 03:44 PM
KIM

<BR>SAN SOUCI LIDO IS NICE. IT IS A LITTLE HIGHER THAN SOME OF THE OTHERS MENTIONED. INCLUDED IN THE PRICE IS A FACIAL, MANICURE, PEDICURE, MASSAGE, A TRIP TO DUNN'S RIVER FALLS AND SOME OTHER THINGS. IT IS WELL WORTH THE PRICE. IT IS A SMALLER HOTEL WITH MORE PRIVACY THAN SOME OF THE LARGER HOTELS. <BR> <BR>YOU WILL HAVE FUN IN JAMAICA WHICHEVER HOTEL YOU CHOOSE. <BR> <BR>KIM <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Mar 13th, 1999, 04:00 PM
Jennifer

My husband and I were married at the Grand Lido Negril in October. It was beautiful and worth the premium price with one exception - the food. We expected alot more with what we paid and quickly realized that room service was the way to go. 24 hours a day, the room service menu was the best. That was really the only complaint we had - it was a spectacular place! Good luck!

Old Mar 16th, 1999, 12:21 PM
terry

Take a look at Sandals St. Lucia. <BR>Both resorts are better than the <BR>ones in Jamaica. The big one has a <BR>pool to die for and lots of activity. <BR>Halcyon is more laid back. Great golf <BR>at the 1st. one.

Old Mar 16th, 1999, 01:03 PM
Marianna

Went to Sandals Dunn's River two years ago and it was amazing. The only draw back is the hour and a half drive to and from the airport. Service, food, people, grounds, room........all top notch. They have a great chip and putt golf course. Have fun. <BR>

Old Mar 19th, 1999, 09:25 AM
gwen

As one of the previous posters said, I think the definition of what is the "nicest all-inclusive" really depends upon your personal taste and your budget. <BR> <BR>Based on our personal experience, we would highly recommend both Sandals Royal Jamaican and Couples Ocho Rios. We like pretty surroundings and well-maintained properties, lots of selection and quality food, and a relaxing and somewhat private atmosphere. Although we haven't been there yet (going in April), you may also want to look into the Grand Lido resorts if you like an upscale (some might think stuffy) atmosphere surroundings, service and food - depends on your personal preference. If you are an extremely active person who likes to socialize a lot and get involved in lots of activities, you may prefer Sandals MoBay (a lot of people say you should avoid it because of the airplanes overhead, personally I found that after the first few planes I didn't really notice it any more) or Sandals Dunn's River - when we were there, both resorts had younger, more party-oriented crowds than Royal Jamaican or Couples. I would stay away from Sandals Ocho Rios - our only bad experience so far in the Caribbean, not of the same quality as the others. <BR> <BR>As far as weather in April - we have been there twice in April. When we were there in April '97, the weather was absolutely beautiful the entire week - sunny, hot, no clouds, not a drop of rain. In April '98, we were there again, and that time the weather was mostly good, but a storm blew in the first night we were there, lots of rain & high winds, and for the next 4 days the seas were too high for water sports. So I don't konw if you can really predict the weather, although generally the weather in April is supposed to be mostly sunny and nice with occasional showers. <BR> <BR>Have fun wherever you go!

Old Mar 21st, 1999, 01:03 PM
Rick

Swept Away, Negril. Period.