Reload this Page >

What's the best part of the DR

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24th, 2001, 12:43 PM
Raechele

My husband and I are planning a week at an all inclusive in the DR during mid-January. I am somewhat confused about the different resort areas: Peuro Plata, Punta Cana, and Romana??? We want excellent beaches, but also the opportunity to have excursions into towns so that we can see the "real DR" Any reccs for areas?? (We are 28 and 30....a bit of nightlife would be nice too....) <BR>

Old Sep 24th, 2001, 02:37 PM
Parrot Mom

With the exception of Boca Chica I have been to all the resort areas. With the exception of Boca Chica and Juan <BR>Dolio all are away from "anything".. We are planning on booking a trip to probably Boca Chica this winter and will be able to get into Santo Domingo. Many years ago we vacationed three years in a row there and really enjoy the city. For more info please write. I can give you a break down on each area...

Old Sep 25th, 2001, 07:41 PM
moik

been 2 puerto plata,good beach and plenty of excursions with plenty of night clubs in sosua and cabaret.close 2 alot of towns(cities)we had a great time.also been 2 punta cana which has beatiful beaches lots of shade but the night is not as good! there r excursions here 2 !

Old Sep 26th, 2001, 02:37 AM
Jerome

Reply - Not Going There!!!

Old Sep 26th, 2001, 03:39 AM
anon

Let's speak the unspeakable,Jerome. <BR>The best part of the DR is leaving it.