What to Wear on Rainforest Tour

Jul 16th, 2002, 05:50 AM
Monica

What to Wear on Rainforest Tour

We've booked 2nd week of August at Wyndham M.B. and plan to book several tours. O.k., I know that typically there is more rainfall during this month, but on the boards, I keep reading that it's mostly for short periods. I'm sure gym shoes & light gym jacket would be appropriate. What about shorts? If we're wearing mosquito repellant, will this be enough? Any additional comments/recs on Wyndham & tours would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

Jul 16th, 2002, 07:14 AM
me

I have never been where you are going but lived in Panama for a few yrs and did the whole rainforest tour/zip line stuff. I would suggest long light cotten pants and a t-shirt when heading into the rainforest. If you wear shorts you will most likely be just fine but pants, tucked into boots or socks, is always recommended.

Jul 20th, 2002, 04:07 AM
Marcus

We went on the rainforest tour into Edmund rainforest and had a great time.

In our group of 6, most people wore gym shoes and shorts with long sleeve t-shirts.

We all used lots of mosquito repellant, and no-one seemed to get bitten.

Take your swimming clothes (if you go one the same trek as we did) as you can swim when you reach the waterfalls at the bottom of the valley.

It is well worth it as the water is lovely and cool, and you will be very hot by then.

The trek out of the valley is very hard work.

Jul 20th, 2002, 05:17 AM
mary

If your talking about Wyndham Morgan Bay (not Montego Bay) we went a couple of years ago in Feb. We did a tour thru the rainforest called 'Land and Sea", where you were driven in 4x4 thru the rainforest, to a botanical garden, to a waterfall, and then to the sulfer springs, you then ate lunch at a banana plantation then boarded a catamaran for the ride back home including snorkeling and rum punch. We have been to several islands and this was the best tour we can remember. There are different tours thru the rainforest, some you hike thru spending most of the day in the rainforest. the tour we went on was not like that, so we just wore shorts and t shirts and never had a problem, but it was also Feb. I guess it all depends on which tour you go on. The only mistake you could make would be to not go because it is so beatiful that you'll just never see anything like it again, Have fun!!!!

Jul 21st, 2002, 08:12 PM
Monica

To all responses...Although I've traveled quite a bit through Mexico, Hawaii & various Caribbean Islands, I wasn't sure how to prepare for a rainforest tour (and I do my homework!)Thanks to all! Can't wait! 2 weeks from tomorrow! (and Mary, yes, it's Wyndham Morgan, not Montego)

Jul 22nd, 2002, 04:09 AM
mary

Monica, let us know how your trip and tour go?? Have fun!!!