What to wear at the Ritz?

Old Jun 21st, 2006, 02:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to wear at the Ritz?

We are headed to the Ritz in July and I am worried I will bring the wrong things to wear. Our previous trips to Jamaica we went to Montego Bay and Ochos Rios and I found we spent most time in shorts, tees, bathing suits and cover-ups though we packed more formal attire (Dresses, pants and collared shirts for my husband). How formal is it and do folks dress for meals? I'm told the Ritz is more formal Carribean, but what have others experiences been?
Old Jun 21st, 2006, 07:11 PM
Ike

Which Ritz in the Caribbean........St. Thomas, San Juan, GC or Jamaica.......
Old Jun 22nd, 2006, 05:23 AM

It's hard to be specific without knowing which Ritz but if you are going to one in the Caribbean you can wear shorts & t-shirts during the day, bathing suits & coverups when you are around the beach and pool and when having lunch in the "informal dining areas" and drinks at the "beach bar". In the evenings for dinner "resort casual" would be fine. For men, that means long pants (khakis or dockers are perfect), collard shirts and closed toe shoes. For women that means a sun dress, skirt & blouse or pants & blouse and appropriate shoes (dress sanals are OK). You don't have to bring too many different outfits - no one will notice that you've worn the same thing several times during your visit.
Old Jun 22nd, 2006, 05:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I am not sure if it really matters which one (although I assume she means the one in Jamaica). I don't think shorts and t-shirts in the evening would be appropriate, especially if dining in one of the restaurants of the hotel. I would be on the safe side and bring a pair of khakis and some collared shirts for your husband and a couple of summer dresses for you.
Old Jun 22nd, 2006, 11:18 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions and it was the Ritz in Jamaica - sorry it was not more specific.
Old Jun 23rd, 2006, 02:51 PM

I recall a jacket being required for men in the dining room for dinner. It's been a couple of years since we were there so you should check current requirements. During the day, we wore shorts. I wore a cover up over my swimsuit until I got to the pool area.