Reload this Page >

What to do with a day in Negril?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 11:56 AM
David

I will be in Negril for five days in April. We are "schedualed" to spend 3.5 of those days doing absolutly nothing on the beach. We have talked about going out away from the resort(we are staying at Sandals, Negril) adventuring for one day. Where would be the best place to go for a day trip???

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 04:10 PM
Kim

Dunns River climb was very fun we really enjoyed that day trip!

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 11:11 PM
Lisa

I agree, definitely go to Dunn River Falls in Ocho Rios and climb the falls. <BR>Ricks cafe in Negril has " cliff diving. " ( Fun !!! ) <BR>Have a great time !

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 04:42 AM
David

Thanks, How far/long is the trip to Ocho Rios? We don't want to spend the day in the car. <BR>

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 05:27 AM
abe

Loved Sandals Negril, went there for honeymoon! <BR> <BR>Dunn's River Falls and Ocho Rios are great but i wouldn't go there from Negril (save that for the next vacation to jamaica) The bus ride is over 3 hours each way and you get to spend hardly any time at he falls! <BR> <BR>Try one of the excursion which can be arranged through Sandals such as the "Jolly Mermaid" cruise which last about 6 hours and has food an music goes to another part or island and you get to visit Rick's cafe and can go snorkeling or cliff diving. Also you may want to go on an arranged half day trip into town for shopping and looking around. <BR> <BR>I heard there is another waterfall closeby maybe call Y's Falls? not sure but it is about 1 1/2 hour each way you may want to look into it.

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 07:29 PM
Henry

We went horseback riding in Negril in January of this year. Booked the trip at Sandals. Takes about 2.5 to 3 hours total. Nice easy trip to the hills overlooking Negril and 7 mile beach. Very relaxing and informative. <BR>

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 12:47 PM
Diane

One of the most-often recommended daytrips combines the Black River Safari with lunch and a trip to YS Falls. We did it last May and it was really nice. I'm sure Sandals can arrange it for you. We stayed at a small private inn (Whistling Bird) and they arranged for a driver for the day who took the two of us. You'll enjoy it!