Reload this Page >

Point Grace recent review?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 11:18 AM
nancy

Has anyone out there stayed at Point Grace on Provo recently? All the posts I've seen have been from this time last year and there are lots of reports about the lack of a restaurant (which there is one now) and mediocre service. Just wondering if anyone has had a recent experience to let me know if some of the problems have been remedied and how Point Grace is now. Thanks alot. nancy

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 01:31 PM
bobcat

Noticed a review by someone on 1/12/02 who had stayed at Point Grace over New Year holiday, on www.tripadvisor.com<BR><BR>http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147399-d185069-r355558-Point_Grace-Providenciales_Turks_and_Caicos.html<BR>

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 01:53 PM
Karen

We had friends who stayed at Point Grace the last week in January. They loved the room, pool and beach but were very disappointed with the service and staff. He told me that about 3 months ago, the entire staff was fired. He said that the new staff could only be described as a "work in progress" -- indifference and slowness very apparent. The last night they went for dinner to Coyoba and who should be there hobnobbing at the bar but the manager of Point Grace and they wondered why he wasn't overseeing at the Point Grace restaurant. All this being said, however, they had a wonderful time and raved about the acommoations. He felt that for what they were charging the service was totally inadequate.

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 02:25 PM
nancy

yikes! i just read the tripadvisor review and these postings. i am now wondering if i should changer our reservations to grace bay instead. i read a great review of point grace in elle magazine, and have heard that the service isn't fab but the place is amazing. any more info?

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 06:29 PM
erin

dear nancy<BR><BR>we just got back from point grace monday. the accomadations were very nice but the service is still slow. suprisingly, the food was very good but the hotel is very disorganized. still, i would not change your reservation since the rooms are very nice and the service problems are not that major.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 05:12 AM
nancy

hi erin... thanks for filling me in. don't really need that much in the way of service, just clean towels and sheets. i read one review that said the staff didn't change linens and that they had to fight for beach chairs. did you find that to be true? was it crowded? thanks nancy

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 06:02 AM
erin

It was very crowded but it was president's weekend. I didn't actually <BR>witness the maids changing the sheets but they appeared to be changed each day. There were plenty of towels in the room. however, Jerome, the beach attendant goes home at 3pm sharp and it was difficult to get towels at the beach after that. There was a family around the pool that got up early and would hog the pool chairs but there were plenty at the beach. hope i answered your questions!

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 07:17 AM

thanks erin! guess there aren't too many pool chairs, but plenty at the beach. since we're going for the beach, it doesn't matter about the pool anyway. thanks for all the info.. sounds like i made a good choice. nancy

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 08:20 AM
nancy

hey erin... one last question: would you stay at point grace again? nancy

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 11:43 AM
erin

dear nancy<BR><BR>actually, the grace bay club was my first choice but they said they had a 5 night minimum during high season. My second choice was parrot cay who also had a 5 night minimum. We only had 3 nights. If i had 5 nights i would stay at the grace bay club or parrot cay but i would stay at point grace again if i didn't have that much time. The accommadations at point grace are great if you can overlook the sloooow service. many people on the beach came to look at point grace and many took pictures. It's certainly on of the nicest hotels on that stretch of beach!

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 12:03 PM
nancy

hey erin... sorry to keep bugging you, but why would you stay at grace bay over point grace? we're staying for 7 nights and most people have said that point grace is nicer, and that grace bay is more like a "resort." what was point grace missing that would make you want to stay at grace bay? thanks in advance for the answer. nancy

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 12:43 PM
jackie

I have reservations at Point Grace for the second week of April. It got a great review in Conde Nast Traveler and my travel agent raves about it and I totally trust her. I have heard negatives about the service, but not everything is going to be perfect - the property is supposed to be beautiful. I always do lots of research when I travel - I hope I made the right decision. <BR> Nancy - when are you going?

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 05:16 PM
erin

HEY NANCY<BR>IF I HAD SEVEN DAYS AT TCI I WOULD STAY AT THE GRACE BAY CLUB JUST BECAUSE IT OT A HIGH RATING ON THE GOLD LIST. THE FIRST NIGHT WE WERE THERE WE ATE AT GRACIE'S COTTAGE AN IT TOOK FOREVER. EVERY TABLE WAS COMPLAINING. IT TOOK 1AND1/2 HOURS BEFORE WE GOT OUT ENTREES. IT'S JUST TYPICAL OF POINT GRACE. THE NEXT NIGHT WE ATE AT ANOCOANDA, THE RESTAURANT AT GRACE BAY CLUB AND NOT ONLY WAS THE FOOD EXCELLENT BUT SO WAS THE SERVICE. IT JUST SEEMED LIKE A CLASSIER PLACE. THE FOOD AT GRACIES COTTAGE WAS JUST OK. HOWEVER, THE BREAKFAST AND LUNCH AND EVEN THE BEACHSIDE FOOD WAS VERY GOOD AT POINT GRACE. THE GRACE BAY CLUB IS A RESORT AND POINT GRACE IS MORE OF A CONDOMINIUM. IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS, DON'T FEEL LIKE YOU'RE BUGGING ME. I'M GLAD TO HELP IF I CAN

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 03:49 AM
nancy

thanks for all the info erin. slow meals in the Carib. is not surprising to me... was in St. John in jan and nearly every meal was the same experience. i stayed at Caneel Bay and Villa del Sol in MX recently , and service was far from speedy (both on the Gold list as well). think point grace will be fine for us. Jackie: we'll be there in mid may. Thanks for all the input guys! nancy

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 04:25 AM
x

Nancy--it sounds as if you already had your mind made up on Point Grace, so why bother posting? Don't mean to sound like a troll, but if you are getting a number of bad reports and choose to ignore them or rationalize them, buyer beware. <BR><BR>I stayed at Point Grace in 2000, and the service was bad (although the rooms and beach were great!). Obviously they have not worked out those major service issues. I would be very wary about spending Point Grace prices when the competition may offer you a much better experience. P.S. I will not be returning to Point Grace next time I am on Provo.

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 08:01 AM
nancy

actually i had made my reservations after seeing a bunch of good reviews. then there were recent postings that weren't so good and a review on carib-online that was really bad and recent. since i can change my reservations still...i figured it wouldn't hurt to ask for recent opinions. that's what this forum is for ...