What's the least expensive island?

Aug 30th, 2004, 06:00 AM
Original Poster

What's the least expensive island?

I'm looking for a vacation in the Caribbean but we're on a tight budget this year. What's the cheapest island as far as what you get for your money?
Aug 30th, 2004, 06:04 AM
Sunnyboy

Jamaica, Dominican Republic and Cozemel are islands when you can have a nice vacation on a budget. Also, although not technically "islands" look at Cancun, Playa Del Carmem and Belize. You'll find lots of very moderately priced package deals (many including airfare) to all of these destinations.

Aug 30th, 2004, 07:32 AM

As the poster doesn't specify his/her nationality, Cuba would also be a good suggestion. Very reasonable deals in Varadero, Cayo Coco, Holguin and Guardalavaca.
Steve
Aug 30th, 2004, 03:09 PM

Isla Mujeres is another budget destination.
Aug 30th, 2004, 04:38 PM

even in dom. republic, the least expensive is north coast puerto plata.
However, you might do better when you shop for bargain deals.
I am a travel agent and we sell many apple vacations, many good deals on charters. Sometimes they discount 50%, it is called square deal. But you need to be flexible to accept any resort within category. All resorts are on the beach.
Aug 31st, 2004, 12:24 PM

Yes, the D.R. is the best deal for your $$...and there are bargains in charters which we use. I don't know if I would like to leave it to chance which resort I would go to though, not all resorts are equal...Do some research http://www.debbiesdominicantravel.com. before committing yourself to a "square deal".. Apple has Sunscapes which we absolutely love...I'm looking into going back again this February... if you want more info please write... [email protected]