Search

what's open in cayman?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 05:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what's open in cayman?

maybe TomCayman can help????

we're staying at the hyatt in 3 weeks, and i just saw your post that the ferry to rum point is not running!?!? that's a bummer - we were hoping to not have to rent a car.

what is the situation with most of the restaurants along the water, especially along seven mile beach? we were hoping to visit some of teh same spots we loved from our trip 5 years ago, and this time share them with our 2-year-old. last time we walked almost everywhere between georgetown and the hyatt, and only rented a car once, to spend the day on teh east end of the island.

also, does anyone know the name of a bar/restaurant that is along 7MB, with a long pier that goes out over the water and has a table way out at the end? there was a small beach with it as well, and a covered bar area closer to the road. hubby is going to be disappointed if it's not there!!

last ? - for anyone that has just gotten back from the hyatt, are all the restaurants open yet?

thanks!
julie
Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 09:37 AM

Hi. I would love to hear about your trip when you're back. We'll be at that Hyatt next year. Enjoy your trip.
Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 10:23 AM

A large majority of the restaurants are now open, with some sad exceptions. You can check them out at www.caymanrestaurants.com.
Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 08:08 PM

Hi

Can't work out what restaurant you are talking about... none of the restaurants on 7MB have a pier.

Almost all restaurants are open now, lots and lots of choice.
Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 04:48 AM

We are going to GC in March and staying at the East End.....LOVE IT there! What is the status onthe shopping plaza across from Morritt's and The Reef??What will be in the plaza??????
Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 05:22 AM

It sounds like you are describing the Tree House restaurant. Unfortunately this property was wiped-out by Ivan. Too bad as this was our favorite lunch spot! For fun waterfront dining in town check out Hammerheads or Rackhams pub. Neither have the same kind of ambience that the Tree House had but both are on the water in Georgetown and both can be fun places to meet locals. Happy hour at either place can get quite busy! Last time we were there (this past June) my wife would drop me off at Hammerheads where I could snorkel and swim out front with eagle rays and tarpon over the Wreck of the Cali while she went in to town for some window-shopping. This usually works up a pretty good appetite which can be quenched right there at the bar/grill!
Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 07:55 AM

Caysundreamer : re shopping plaza across the street from The Reef, it looks like they will be finished with this by the end of the year, so should be ready for your visit in March.

As to who is going in there, I don't know yet, but there will be a Fosters supermarket, a beach boutique, and (I would guess) some other food outlets...will try to find out
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 04:58 AM

Tomcayman

THANKS for the info! yes I would appreciate any updates as well. Your end of the island is pretty darn close to heaven