what can we plan on doing in anguilla

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 11:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for some information of what to do with an 11 year old at the mallihouana in february...or great things to do on the island...please help!
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:13 PM

Lisa - Malli has a great kids pool area with a slide, etc. You could go to Scilly Cay for lunch and snorkling, go to Shoal Bay and enjoy the beach and activities there. I would think after this cold winter, just to be in the warm weather swimming would be a great treat!
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 06:36 PM
Original Poster

thanks for the tips...i heard of a guy who has a glass bottom boat...have you heard about him??
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 10:52 PM
OT

Junior Fleming has the Glass Bottom boat, you will find him by asking at Uncle Ernie at Shoal Bay East. Or get Malliouhana to call him for you. I think he has an arrangement with the larger resorts.
He is a great guy, very knowledgeable and very good with children. My boys loves him. He does have trips especially for children to some of the good snorkelling spots and Scrub Island. Usually lasts about 3 hrs, max 10 children, must be confident swimmers. Will recommend your son to bring his own snorkelling gear.

Malliouhana has the Kids Club, and somehow they never get too old for the water slides. There is also table tennis and water basket. Always lots of children there, I am sure he will make lots of new friends.

Children are welcomed in all the restaurants on the island, mine are now 12 and 17 and on their way to becoming serious foodies!

You may have already decided, but I would recommend to hire a car for your stay. Gives you the freedom to explore new beaches.

Enjoy!
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 11:59 PM

Read the book "A Trip to the Beach" by Melinda Blanchard, the owner of the famous restaurant "Blanchard" on Anguilla - a must-read!
Regine/KATITCHE POINT GREATHOUSE
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 04:14 AM
Original Poster

OT:

thanks for the info on jr fleming...thats exactly what i'm looking for! Do i need to book him in advance...any thoughts on the swim with the dolfins???
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 04:37 AM
OT

Junior has become very popular, so I would advise to book in advance. His website is www.junior.ai, you will fing his phone number there. He is a Seventh Day Adventist, so does not work Saturdays. It is also worth a talk with Malliouhana, as there may be other guests wanting to take part, Jr. could then collect from Mead's Bay.
I can not remember what he charges.

If they are lucky, they may be able to see wild dolphins.

We have not, and never will, swim with the Dolphins at the Dolphin Fantaseas. I have seen the "pool" close up and it is small (approx 5 x 7-8 metres), dirty and the dolphins looked very unhappy. It is a sad sight, and a disgrace for Anguilla (my opinion).