what beach has a lot of Sand dollars?

Old Dec 20th, 2020, 01:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what beach has a lot of Sand dollars?

I'm curious if anyone knows of a beach with a lot of sand dollars. I love to collect them but have only found one in my travels to the Caribbean and that was at a small island in Turks and Caicos.
Old Dec 20th, 2020, 02:08 PM

I‘ve found sand dollars on at least 20 different Caribbean islands but in 30+ years of travel around the Caribbean I’ve never been on a beach that had “a lot of sand dollars”. In fact the opposite is true - sometimes you find them other times they are simply not there. Trying to pick a destination based on finding “lots of sand dollars” is probably not a good approach.
Old Dec 21st, 2020, 03:31 AM

Turks and Caicos are one of the better bets for finding sand dollars. I've also found tons of them in the Bahamas' Out Islands, as well as on South Carolina sea island beaches. But as RoamsAround notes, sometimes you find them in a particular spot, and other times there aren't any. While I'm always on the lookout for conditions that make it more likely to find them (shallow sand bars, for example), so many other factors come into play as well -- tides, weather (storms), even people having been there before you and picking them over. Just treat them like an unexpected gift from the sea, and enjoy them when you do find them.