Westin St John Water Taxi

Old May 13th, 2002, 02:30 PM
alden

Westin St John Water Taxi

Im just curious. Does any body know if the fee for the westin st john water taxi is worth it? The cost is 65?

What are my alternatives?

Thanks

Old May 13th, 2002, 11:32 PM
Jana

They will take you to and from the airport via taxi and then ferry or catamaran; will handle your luggage (deliver it to your room when you arrive and pick it up from your room when you are ready to leave--you don't have to touch it after you land) and then you are entitled to unlimited rides between Westin and Charlotte Amalie.
The other option is: once you land on St. Thomas, you will need to take a taxi to Red Hook (I'm not sure how much it is but I would guess +/- $15.00 or $20.00 per person); then in Red Hook you need to transfer onto a ferry which is $3.00 per person; and then once you're on St. John, you have to take another taxi to the Westin, which is, again, $3.00 per person. When you select the 2nd option, keep in mind that you'll have to take care of your luggage during all of the transfers...
Same story on your way back. In my opinion it is worth it ! Afterall, it's your vacation.

P.S. In case you're calculating everything: the Westin water taxi which takes guests into Charlotte Amalie does not really go into the downtown area where the shopping is. Once they drop you off, you still need to take taxi to get to downtown. The fare is $3.00 per person.

Old May 16th, 2002, 08:18 AM
tara

is it 65 dollars per person? per room? per couple? cant wait to get there

Old May 16th, 2002, 08:38 AM
Jana

$ 65.00 per person round trip

Old May 17th, 2002, 01:12 PM
Ronnie

The Westin now has it's own ferry. Brand new, the Westin Breeze. Was over there today, looks great!
Ronnie