Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Westin Rio Mar-Villas (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/westin-rio-mar-villas-146266/)

Bernie Jul 17th, 2001 10:25 AM

Westin Rio Mar-Villas

Beginning to do some research for future trip and am intrigued by Ocean Villas at Westin Rio Mar in Puerto Rico. Have been to El San Juan and visited most of the resorts elsewhere on the island. Does anyone care to comment on spending additional for the Villas?

Lee Jul 17th, 2001 05:51 PM

Bernie - I am also looking for someone who has recently stayed at these villas. I am also looking at Las Casitas Village villas at the Wyndham. Both properties seem to be very similar except the Westin villas are on the beach and the Las Casitas require a ferry ride of 1/2 hour or so to their private beach I was told on this message board. Take a look on this board, someone was nice enough to give me their opinion on a recent stay at Las Casitas. F.Y.I. the Westin web address is www.theoceanvillas.com

Bernie Jul 18th, 2001 03:04 AM

Thanks Lee...we're looking for the same information. I too have been to the El Conquistador and really loved it. We are planning for our 25th anniversary and are looking for something right on the beach, a bit more secluded than the ElC...thus my interest in ocean villas. On their website they are promoting a "grand plan" that includes a great deal for one price. Again, anyone care to comment? <BR>

Will Aug 1st, 2001 07:39 AM

I was also looking for info on the Westin villas. Does anyone know what the rates are for March-April? Thanks, <BR>Willy

lee Aug 4th, 2001 08:31 AM

Will - about the rates. If you don't want to contact your travel agent, go the the Westin website. WWW.theoceanvillas.com

steve Aug 4th, 2001 01:35 PM

I stayed at the Rio Mar last year and although the beach was ok it was poorly run.

Lee Aug 5th, 2001 10:24 AM

Steve - would you mind elaborating on the poor service aspect of your trip. Was every area of the hotel run poorly, for instance service at restauarants, concierge,pool service, housekeeping, etc. If you don't mind, what were your major dislikes and likes? I have read the beach is one of the more beautiful hotel beaches, why was it just o:k to you? I am trying to get as many opinions as I can before I book this trip for my family. We were considering staying in the Ocean Villa section of the hotel. Your thoughts and comments would be appreciated. Thank you.

Alicia Jul 26th, 2002 06:45 PM

You can obtain excellent rates for the ocean villas and the golf villas of the Westin Rio Mar at www.riomarvillas.com<BR>

ktrebecca Jul 30th, 2002 07:12 AM

I have stayed in both the villas and the hotel. A friend from PR owns a villa and I have been there several times. They are beautiful. Nice kitchen living room and bedroom and bath. Gorgeous views. Although the first time I went the hotel was not there and it is now a bit of an eye sore to the once beautiful unbstructed view. I have stayed at the westin as well and found it has a "conference hotel" feeling. Good sushi restaurant.