Westin Hotel - rooms?

Jun 5th, 2004, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

Westin Hotel - rooms?

We are going to CG in August and staying at the Westin. On our previous trips we have stayed at Sunshine Suites across the street and really like having the small kitchen. However, this trip we are opting for the luxury of being right on the beach.

If anyone can answer a few ?'s about the Westin, I would appreciate it!

Do the rooms have any coffee makers?

Any type of small fridge (like a mini bar) that we could empty and put our own drinks or sodas in?

Thanks!!!
Jun 5th, 2004, 10:54 AM

Most hotels now offer coffee makers and mini fridges upon request. If you call the Westin 800 #, they will definitely be able to give you very dtailed descriptions of the rooms and answer all questions you may have.
Jun 6th, 2004, 09:33 AM

My wife and I have stayed at many Westin hotels. Every one has always had a coffee maker and a mini bar. However, the mini bars have electronic sensors that automatically charge your room when you remove an item.
Jun 6th, 2004, 12:42 PM

I remember once I was at a hotel that had a mini bar, and didn't want my son going in or nagging us for items. We had the hotel take out the stuff inside and we just used the mini bar. If they give you a hard time, tell them you have medication that needs to be stored and refrigerated.
Jun 14th, 2004, 05:32 PM

We just stayed at the Westin in April. They do have a small coffee maker in the room. They even give you 2 free packets of coffee each day. The mini bar in the room is useless. They will charge you a restocking fee if you take things out and the maids have to put them back in. I'm sure you could fight that. They did offer a small fridge for rental. I'm not 100% sure how much it was per day but it was either $10 or $20.
Jun 14th, 2004, 06:07 PM

We just returned from GC yesterday. Stayed at Aqua Bay condos the first 5 days and Westin the last 2 days. (We used SPG points for free nights at the Westin.) The room was very nice-had coffee maker and 2 free packs daily as Sue noted. They said you can rent a refrigerator for $5/day. The hotel was very accommodating-my wife's curling iron broke at 8p.m. as we were getting ready for dinner and housekeeping brought a loaner to the room! The pool and beach areas are beautiful and Eat's is right across the street. Enjoy your stay!
Jun 21st, 2004, 08:41 PM

We just returned home from the Westin this morning. We rented a refrigerator for $5 a day as the previous poster stated. However, the 2 "free" packs of coffee are not really "free" as you pay a $4 resort fee that supposedly includes these 2 packs of coffee. Also, at the nightly turndown service they give each of you a small Tortuga Rum Cake. That was a nice touch.
Jun 22nd, 2004, 08:32 AM
caribtraveler

We were at the Westin St. John last year in June. They brought us a small fridge to use. We were not charged. But then again, we were with our 15-month-old and told them we needed a fridge for his milk. That could be why they kindly didn't charge us.

Jun 22nd, 2004, 08:33 AM
caribtraveler

Oh silly me..I just saw you said GC! not St. John. Ignore me.